10

(1,200+ words)

~Corbyn's pov~

I got her number! Objective complete. I felt my body wanting to do the happy dance. Of course, the boys and I planned this..

'Of course we did...' My wolf said sarcastically.

Putting the phone in my pocket, we silently got back inside the car. The wind whirled, the sound of the branches brushing against each other from the harsh wind. I looked to my right and saw a mini playground. It seemed to be the neighborhood's property. A few children were playing around, raising their hands up while sliding down the slide, giggling. They had a small swing set, enough for 3 people, a small sand-pit, and of course the actual playground. I caught a glimpse of Alexander running there, laughing as he caught up with his friends. I must have been so intrigued by it, that I didn't realize the pole that was approaching.

"Corbyn- Look out-" I looked at Jonah who spoke, but the pole hit my face before I could comprehend it, "-for the pole..." Jonah trailed off. I cautiously move my nose with my hand, moving it around, fortunate to not have a broken nose. Zach came up to me and patted my back.

"Well, today we keep hurting ourselves aren't we? Welcome to the club brother." Zach said jokingly, patting my back a couple of more times then leaving to catch up with Jack.

We were approaching the car, Jonah unlocked the car with his keys, while I on the other hand, tried my best to concentrate on the things in front of me. While Jonah turned on the engine, my phone buzzed rapidly, then started ringing. I looked at my pocket in confusion, then fished out my phone.

Logan;
I need you to do me a favor.

Go keep Mia safe.

Corbyn- They're following me.

They will get me.

And they want answers.

Hurry.

Corbyn!

Open your dang phone!

I accepted the call that I was receiving, to hear a heavy breathing Logan.

"Logan- what's going on?" My frantic voice said.

"Corbyn- Listen closely. Jake is there in New York with you and right now- I'm sure he's on a blood lusting spree. They are following me. They want answers. Corbyn- I can't keep running forever. They know our weaknesses and are going to use that against us."

"Logan, where are you right now?"

"I'm in the forest, across from my apartment, been running for 24 minutes, took a left when it was 13 minutes, and took a right 2 minutes after. I have been trying to get them off my tail for awhile."

"Logan in the next 3 minutes, take a sharp right turn, there will be a cave. Run in there and keep running until you see the light. Before you go into the light take another sharp right turn, that light leads to plummeting to your or more likely, their death."

"Got it- Corbyn, get to Mia now. Watch over her, and be careful. Jake is going to-"

The line was cut.

The boys all looked at me in wild expressions, "What happened?" They asked in unision. I explained everything that Logan said to me, they went tense by every detail I told. I put my phone in my pocket. "We need to get to Mia."