17

(This chapter is a bit extreme so read at your own risk! 1k words!)

~Mia's pov~

My blood curdling scream filled the air chilly air, squeezing my eyes shut as I braced myself for the major impact that was about to come. Jake pounced on me, making both of us fall on the dirt floor. I gasped from the impact, my back aching and throbbing from the pain. Jake held me down as I struggled out of his iron-like grip. He snapped his razor sharp teeth at me, while I thrashed beneath him. He put my hands above my head: making me defenseless. I cried out in pain. I yelled for help, but no one came. Jake smiled at my struggles, clearly amused. He was having so much fun with this.

"How rude of me. My mother always told me to never play with my food, yet here I am: Doing the exact opposite. Let's just skip to the good part shall we?" Jake said, his voice taking a dark turn. He bared his vampire teeth at me, his features hungry. His head swooped down to my neck and took a deep breath of my scent. Before I could react, his teeth sunk into my neck. I could feel his razor sharp teeth piercing into my skin. I screamed again, my lungs burning.

As soon as the pain started, it ended just as quickly. Jake was ripped away from me, taking a little chunk of my skin along with him- making me scream out in pain. I scrambled away, scraping my hands and knees in the process. I stood up and turned around to face Jake, but much to my surprise, Daniel was fighting him in human form. There was blood on both of them. Jake had most of the cuts. I put my filthy hands on my neck, looking down at my hands- it was filled with crimson red. My blood was in my own hands. I felt it drip down my right arm, down to the floor, staining my shirt in the process. I was frozen in place, I didn't know what to do. I snapped out of my trance, and quickly ran towards the house.

"If you take another step further, I'm going to snap his neck." Jake threatened, hold Daniel in a headlock. Daniel looked pretty beaten up. He was coughing out blood, gasping for air when Jake tightened his hold.

"I-I.." I stammered, not knowing what to do. I was bleeding out to death, slowly but surely- I won't have anymore energy to even hold myself up right. Now I had a choice: Sacrifice myself so that Daniel could live- or- Sacrifice Daniel. Either way I would die from the bleeding.

'He made his decision. I guess I'll make mine..'

I took few steps backward, my eyes locked onto Jake's eyes. His amused expression turned into a confused one- then it turned into a surprised and shocked expression.

"You would sacrifice your mate for yourself?" Jake was shocked, his tone sharp and harsh. Then- what surprised Daniel and I was that- He laughed. He was laughing at me.

"This is all too good! I wonder what happened to that wimpy- little girl five years ago. The tiny girl who was too scared for anything that would happen to her poor mates. Look at her now- sacrificing someone that could possibly change her life."

"For the better or worse?" My voice shocked both of them, while I- on the other hand- was remaining calm, even though I was panicking on the inside.

"For the better or worse?" I repeated, my voice raspy as I fought the tears that was welling up my eyes. I felt that my world was slowly spinning, my consciousness slipping away from my fingers. I wobbled a bit, trying to keep myself upright. I saw Jake smirk and his eyes turning dark. He licked his teeth, then his lips. I held my eyes shut and opened it- trying to fight the sleep that wanted to take over.

"I wonder what part would be the best- The eyes? The arms? The legs? Ah! I know-" Jake had a gleam in his eye, "-The heart."

That's when Daniel lost it. Daniel was breathing heavily before, but now he couldn't contain it: he shifted. He shifted into his wolf, breaking the headlock Jake but him in. Jake smiled at this, his new challenge. They circled around each other, and at the same- they jumped at each other. Daniel bit Jake's arm, making Jake hiss. Jake swung his hand at Daniel, which was a bad idea since Daniel bit a chunk of his skin off. Daniel spat out the meat, and charged at Jake. Blood splattered the floor, making my stomach turn and everything that I ate came back up. I puked on the side, clenching my eyes shut while I coughed hard. I opened my eyes to see some of my blood mixed up with the vomit, and quickly wiped my mouth. I looked behind me, (where the house was), and started to run towards it. My vision went in and out of focus while I ran, making me stumble over my own two feet. I fell to the ground, my hand flew in front of me, preventing me from doing a belly flop. My already bloodied hands got more cuts from the fall. I looked like a filthy animal- like a soldier that just got back from a war. I wiped my hands on my pants, and got back up again.

'I can make it.. I know I can..' I encouraged myself- but I was starting to become doubtful from the stars that I was starting to see.

'Did I always have two houses? Or was it three?' I questioned myself and kept going but I fell once more.

Tears fell freely down my face, my heart aching and my head throbbing from the pain it was enduring. I accepted my fate, knowing that there was no hope for me.

"I can't make it.." I whispered to myself, and, finally- closed my eyes.

___________________________________________________________________________
A/n - This is my best chapter yet, and I am very proud at my masterpiece. (In my opinion.) I have multiple quizzes and projects due in the next 2 - 4 weeks, wish me some luck. Also I wanted to apologize for not posting often- but please understand that school like is difficult AF. Like Exams, Quizzes, Projects, etc. I will try to find a way to update next week- (If I have the time.) I want to say a MAJOR Thank you to everyone who read my books, who followed this account, and for commenting and voting! Words cannot describe how thankful I am! I love all of you guys very- very much. Thank you again, and have a wonderful day/night!

~Trixie Win