epilogue

His smile. My heart.

So...this is it. The final (long) part of Azure Saviour. I'm going to keep this short and sweet, I hope you enjoy it. 

S x

mir·a·cle

Céline.

Sparkling gemstones of pearl-toned flakes, each a unique shape and design, fell from the clouds in the sky above. A smile formed on my face, tugging slightly from the blissful cool weather, certain that my cheeks and nose were a blushing pink. My fingers stayed warm, comforted by the fabric of my gloves, hidden in my pockets. The soles of my boots, caught clusters of snow between the grooves, as I made my way along the recently shovelled pavement.

It wasn't the first snowfall of the season, since many blizzards have come and gone over the past few weeks; but it never failed to make the world look like a magical snow globe. Goosebumps travelled all over my body from the crisp temperature, but I wouldn't ever trade this sensational feeling. The view surrounding me, was my own personal taste of heaven. Stopping in my tracks, my hazel gems peered up at the light grey fluffs above, I stuck the tip of my tongue out to catch a single snowflake. The cool crystal melted just upon its arrival, from the warmth of my body. I closed my eyes, taking in the moment.

Though, many moments, such as that one, made my heart feel fuzzy as I recalled one.

Just under two months ago, Harry and I had just gotten home, he'd picked me up since my car's battery had come to its death — clearly, it also wasn't fond of the cold weather. The two of us ate dinner together, then cosied up beside the fireplace, as we chatted about how our day's went. Our position was always the same, backs rested on opposite sides of the couch, his jade eyes locked on mine. A blanket was thrown over our legs, as we laid, each a mug of steaming coffee grasped between our hands. Our feet were mutually covered by thick pairs of wool socks, keeping in the heat, preventing it from escaping.

I'd silenced him — in mid sentence quickly — with a single tight squeeze on his knee, before I glanced at the window. My heart knew that there was a snow storm arriving, before the weatherman had even announced it; somehow, I just felt it. Just then, I could see speckles of white behind the window; there were thousands of them gracefully falling down from above. When I looked back at Harry, he had a tight grin on his face; he knew what I was thinking — and what I was going to do. Of course, that usually involved the both of us.

Making snow angels.

The following morning, I ran the tips of my fingers along his arm as I woke him up, hearing him whine and grumble about how early it still was for his brain to process anything. I, on the other hand, was already wide awake. I'd handed him a mug of one of the many daily doses of coffee, a kiss on the lips, and told him to get ready quickly. And by quickly, I meant he had less than five minutes before I dragged him outside with what he was wearing — which wouldn't have been much to prevent him from freezing in the same period of time.