twenty seven | 27

A/N - 1: He's so soft.

A/N - 2: I've entered a contest and if you could pretty please with a cherry on top, comment a "+1" on my book name. The link is on my profile, the pinned post.

A/N - 3: It's a long one, but I have no doubts, you will love it. x

se·ren·i·ty

Céline.

Everything about this day could not get any slower. Meetings were back to back and I just wanted to pull my hair — whatever was left of it — from the stress of these projects. The problem was, I had to focus, since every single one of them was important in some way or another; but I've been struggling for two hours. One of them extended longer than necessary and through our break hour. I knew I was going to have to take a very late lunch, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was considered as dinner.

While the lead project manager spoke, a vibration from my phone rung on the boardroom table; and I was thankful that they didn't notice it, since everyone's focus was invested towards him. It wasn't like I could really be in any trouble for it; but being in a room with other lead positions and project managers, it wasn't a professional thing that should be done.

My hand quickly reached out towards my buzzing device and I could feel my heart pounding, hoping it wasn't anything urgent. I took one look at the screen and a smile crept up on my face from seeing my notifications. There were many, that were sent at once, and I couldn't help but go through them.

Josie had sent me a photo of Hazel with a paper crown on her head, a wide smile on her face that was from ear to ear. She'd added a message underneath which saying that she was gifted a crown for the week in her class, for best behaviour. It was special, but what added to the element of surprise was Hazel's lit up face as she held her head up high, flaunting her achievement. 

There was nothing wrong with sharing and celebrating the happy things and successes in our lives. It was all about doing it right, and in a respectable way that wouldn't offend anyone around them — that was what was important. Of course, any person who called her overbearing, I'd give them my two cents of a bit, 'too much'; but Hazel was one of the most humble people I'd ever known.

I replied back with a precious heart emoji and a text that I'd call them as soon as I got the time. It was inevitable that my fingers tapped to the previous message that I'd received just minutes before. I pressed on his name and bit my lip to the slightly interesting start to a conversation he wanted to have.

Today, 2:46 PM

Harry Styles

What's your favourite food?

Well hi to you too.
That's also just plain random.
But...
Pasta. Any kind.
I didn't need to wait too long for his reply to pop up as a text bubble; and like always, another smile made its way on my lip at his simple greeting.

Hi.
Pasta's good.

Wait no. Sushi.

Sushi's alright too.

Actually, I'd say chocolate.

Why don't you just say everything?

Because, I don't like everything.
I absolutely hate tomatoes.

How could anyone hate tomatoes?

I grimaced at his message. I could write him a full college essay as to why I didn't like them. Then I'd go on another one about how and why people have different views on whether or not they are a fruit or a vegetable. As much as I wanted to, I had to keep it brief. Come on, Céline. Think simple.