nine | 9

con·tem·pla·tion

Harry.

C.

I don't think I've ever been intrigued by a person in my entire life. She's the only one that haunts my dreams and it's never been like this before — with anyone. I have no idea what it means or what she means. I feel like there's some sort of odd and unknown reason for her be in my life so suddenly; but why? What's so great or fascinating about me that she's been put in my tracks?

My life's filled with trouble, problems, lack of emotion, and danger. It was far from safe for her to be around me; and yet, I just told her to hang out once a week together — in downtown — on weekends. Styles, you must be bloody mental. Incredibly insane. The thing is, it's much more than that.

She was the one that originally took on the challenge to come and see me; or want to know who I was. She didn't have to show up this week. She could have just pretended or have been bluffing that she wanted to get to know me, then left, and never have came back after that. The strange thing about it was, she didn't. She's here and she stayed.

I've never opened up to anyone so quickly before. I told her about my sister. I don't even know why I did it. There was a mystery about her and it was like my mind secretly wanted to figure her out; but I had no clue why. Then again, in a way, it was all my fault. Styles, you should have known that asking a question, generally comes back to you having to answer it; but you didn't have to. You could have easily said that it was none of her business. You didn't though. My own curiosity beat me.

I was the one who told her about curiosity killing the cat. Somehow it seemed that the curiosity was going to kill me, and not her.

..

"Harry, where've you been?" A voice spoke, causing me to turn around. I was leaning my forearms against a metal rail, that was rusted in several spots. Smoke blew out of my mouth, once the cigarette had left my lips.

I left my spot and headed down to the deserted warehouse, I'm pretty sure long before C left. Three times a week, I did that. It was a routine, but the days were never the same. They had to be different, so we wouldn't get caught. Either that, or we'd just get called when there was a delivery that had to be made or prepared.

"Preoccupied." I answered, simply.

He didn't need to know more about my personal life. There was no way in hell that was going to tell anyone about C. Of course, that was other than Liam, who I was forced to tell, since he practically stalked me. I didn't even know what there was to tell — if that were to happen anyway. I knew that I was followed by his men several times, to make sure that I was always on the right path.

It wasn't the right path though, it was the complete opposite, and I knew that very well. What was worse, was that I didn't even care about it.

"Alright..." Vince trailed off. "...we need to do a delivery. Steel wants it done by midnight."

"Tomorrow?"

"No, in five minutes." He shook his head. "Of course tomorrow."

It was a no-brainer; there was five minutes to midnight. It was a Saturday night, going on Sunday. Before I left, I noticed that C was getting tired. I have no idea what she had to do the next day. Maybe she was going to spend some time with her sister or some friends. There was still so much more that I was curious about. Fuck this curiosity shit.

There were certain things about her that were easy to read, but the rest of her, was a mystery. We both were.

"Styles, I'm talking to you." Vince's voice broke me out of my thoughts.