thirty seven | 37

Smile and that DIMPLE. Raise your hand if your expression is just as wide as H's bc mine is HELLA WIDE.

sweet·heart

Céline.

Three months have gone by and everything could not be any more better.

Big bubbles of happiness burst within me, knowing that Harry's relationship with his family is as strong as it used to be, and possibly even stronger. I'd witness him tell his mum that he'd promise to call her every couple of days; but he lied. Each and every day, a conversation is made between the two. Depending on how his day goes, he calls her twice — so he says. 

So far, he hasn't told me what he does throughout his days; and I haven't asked. To be completely honest, I was incredibly curious about it; but I would never bring it up. If he wanted to tell me, he would have. However, my secret hunch is that it has something with slight danger and illegal activities, was probably correct.

The true friendship between us had officially become invincible titanium. 

A few times, we met outside of our weekly meeting spot. It was a bit odd for the change of scenery, but it was a quick adjustment. There wasn't too much that was different about it though. We either went to a café or someplace where they offered healthy meals; which I learnt that Harry was a bit of a 'health freak'. He, of course, corrected me by saying he was a 'health enthusiast'. 

Right. 

When he messaged me during our first texting conversation that he loved kale, that wasn't a lie. According to our lengthy food pyramid chat, he 'secretly' mentioned that he prefers Swiss chard over kale. He made sure that I wouldn't tell the other, in case it would get upset. A softie. 

Out of respect for my dislike towards tomatoes, he removed them from the panini he ordered for himself. I told him that it wasn't necessary, but he insisted. The smile that day after a stressful day at work, remained permanent for the rest of the day.

That beautiful man knew exactly how to change my mood for the better.

Thrice, he'd come over to my apartment, since the weather did not permit for us to sit outside at all. Needless to say, we were bummed about that, but we both knew that just being together, was all that we truly wanted

Two of those nights, we watched movies. It was then that I found out that he hates horror movies and used to love romantic comedies, but hasn't seen one in months — so I put one on. We debated between Sleepless in Seattle or Roman Holiday; and after ten minutes of bickering, we made a mutual decision to watch both. Compromise. We were good at that.

During each movie, my head rested on his shoulder, as we cuddled under a blanket together. It truly felt like a proper date night, but I kept pushing that thought to the back of my mind. That could never happen.

However, one night, it was cut short when Lena decided on choosing 'option C' for staying in and having a movie night together. Her eyes were wide and her lips were in a happy grin, when she realised who my guest of honour was. I prayed for her to leave, knowing how much my nights with him meant to me. 

She never left — rather, she made herself feel right at home. 

The last of those three nights, I had to work on a paper for one of my classes. Harry easily could have left, but he didn't. He sat right next to me while I typed away on my computer. We drank the coffees he'd brought for us, together in a still of sound; and every little while, we'd sneak little glances at one another. It made me feel like a teenager who was sitting next to her crush, trying to figure out what to say without seeming like a complete idiot. We needed us, even if it was in complete silence.