fifty nine | 59

Harry smirking, almost makes me fall off a chair. He also needs to put that tongue away. Damn.

Hello my lovelies!

So I've been MIA (as you've probably noticed), but I'm back! Again, I apologise for the late update, but I got emotionally distracted after being hurt by someone who I thought was close to me. Anyway, no sob story here (in my case and in this chapter)!

BESIDES THAT, AS reached 50+K! You don't know how ecstatic I am about that. Thank you so much for that and I love you all for the support and reads! Now, I think it's time for a read, because it's gonna be one heck of a ride. Enjoy it! 

S x

du·el

Céline.

Fifteen minutes.

Nine hundred seconds, and less, and everything will finally go down. Steel will irrevocably go to the place he's deserved for several years. He'll be going to free the world from his crimes and the hatred he possesses in his heart and soul. Nothing good could ever come from a man who finds murdering people a hobby.

Income. Money. Funds. Cash. It didn't matter which form it came in, electronically or on specialized printed paper, it was one of the many things that millions of people on this planet wanted. Whether we were the most economically powerful beings, teachers, averagely waged graphic designers, janitors, or in this case, a drug lord and gang leader, we needed it in our lives. Used to purchase and sell stocks and bonds, save up for known future student loan debts, healthcare, or for the simplest things just to live on a daily basis. It was easy to say that it was an essential part of the way we continued on as days would pass on.

My thoughts never stopped rolling as Harry and I remained together, never once splitting since we left the storage room. We watched silently as the guests and invitees still mingling about. Karla and I made brief eye contact before showing me a small nod.

Occasionally the sound of someone's voice rang in my ear, simply ignoring certain bits of irrelevancy I considered. I wanted to spend my time with my fiancé having a lovely evening between us to celebrate my accomplishment — but we both knew that it wasn't just that. The two of us kept just on one glass of champagne, knowing well that it wouldn't be appropriate at all to have another drink.

Things were planned to show other featured sculptures in the back gardens of the museum. It was a temporary build of a massive labyrinth to keep them all entertained in a place where Steel wouldn't know about, while there were planned death threats going to occur nearby.

We needed to create a diversion to keep everyone else safe and out of the loop for when the time came. They had to remain unaware of absolutely everything. The piece wasn't originally part of the museum in general, but made specifically for the opening. The glass thick enough to be bullet proof, designed so that it was not at all recognizable to them — or to Steel. Trying to decrease the sound that would normally echo easily, was even harder; but we were able to find a way to lessen it substantially.

On another note, an unexpected surprise was to be revealed to those surrounding us, which also included the Everleigh founders that Karla was an FBI agent. They weren't aware of her actual career, but tonight, the truth will be expose. Protection for the ones we loved and the public, was one of the two main goals that needed to happen. The other, well it was obvious, to finally catch Steel in the act.

She'd told her family to use another name for the public for 'personal' reasons, but never actually specified why. They didn't question her request, since it apparently was a name she liked to be called when she was younger. I guess things like that end up with future perks.