eleven | 11

Hello lovelies! I'm still on vacation and my update times have been messed up. I was going to post this chapter on Saturday, but I'm heading to the mountains (my own C and H special spot) BUT mainly because I'm super happy because I'm seeing my best friend tomorrow that I haven't seen in 6.5 years (which is long af). I also cut my thumb yesterday and we to go get stitches. I swear, this is one heck of a memorable trip.

Anyway...hopefully my update schedule will be back to normal in two or three weeks. Sorry about that! I hope you enjoy the chapter!

And oh look at that dimple, and his neck, and his hair. Bye.

pho·bi·a

Céline.

The entire week, all I could think about was the embrace that Harry gave me. It wasn't really a hug per-say, but his arm was definitely around me for a purpose. I didn't really know what it was. For me though, I wasn't scared, but only startled by the storm. He, on the other hand, had a reason for wanting to hold someone. It seemed as if he hadn't even felt that feeling before; then again, I hadn't either.

Josephine and Hazel weren't included in those thoughts since they were my close family. They are the only people in my life that don't expect anything from me. It's a mutual thing. With Lena, she's only hugged me a few times, but it's a friendship act of kindness and an action that shows sympathy - a pure form of that.

Both my friend and sister, knew something was up with me, but I didn't tell them a single word about what happened. In fact, I lied and said that I wasn't in the mood to go that weekend. I hated lying, but it was one of the only ways to get them off my back for a while. Something told me that it would all come back on Monday morning. They also knew that I wouldn't be able to stay away from Harry, because of how much his personality interested me.

There was just something about him. Something that I couldn't figure out. Four weeks, and I still haven't come to a conclusion.

Really Céline?

It's impossible to figure out anyone in such a short period of time. That's not true though, people can - if they were an open book. Harry was truly worse than Shakespeare and Tolstoy combined together. The difference was, he was living and breathing, not creating a fictional piece through writing. He was human.

Then again, what is human? A man, woman, or child? There is no detail attached to it - if they were alive or not. Those two literary geniuses were now dead, and have been for such a long time. There was no physical way to ask them who they truly were or why they thought a certain way.

Harry though, I was slowly working my way to know him and to understand who he is - and was.

I let out a deep sigh as my mind thought back to the past moments I'd lived throughout this past week. There was only one other small moment that seemed to constantly be on repeat.

"Oh Céline, hi." A familiar, and bothersome, voice spoke.

"Hello Dr. Copeland." I greeted, formally. There was no reason to address him casually. We were no longer two people wanting to get to know one another. I never wanted to really do that. I still blame Josie for that forced setup.

"Um, how are you?" Of course he'd be the awkward one. You should be, leaving with someone else.

Pathetic.

"Wonderful." I smiled sincerely and watched as he tended to his job.

That was it.

Other than my hectic work schedule, in which another project was added on the list, and I was the head architect for it. Yes, I loved my job. Yes, I loved my entire team. Yes, I loved my life; but a small break, every once in a while is always nice.