Chapter 2

Min Ji awoke to soft sheets, as the morning light trickled in through the blinds. Shedding herself of the remaining glimpses of a dream, her eyes were still shut as she soaked in the warmth of her covers before letting her blue eyes see the sun's rays. She rubbed her eyes before climbing out of her warm bed and slowly made her way over to the desk in the corner of her room. Pulling out a small notebook and a pen, she begins to write a note to each of the three other girls.

'Hey, once you're ready, please come and meet me in the library. I need to ask you all something. Thanks, Ji xoxo'

She stands up and exits her room, slipping a note under the doors of each of the girl's rooms and going to wait in the library. Ten minutes later, she found herself trying to explain to her friends the fact that she and the boys were demons, without sounding like a lunatic.

"I get that this sounds completely crazy, but all I'm asking is if the boys can stay here until they fully recover and can find somewhere else to stay." Her pleading tone tugged at the girls' heartstrings, convincing them that it was the right thing to do despite the strange situation.

Areum shrugs, not completely convinced that it was a good idea, but willing to give them a chance. "Why not? As long as they dont take advantage of us..."

"Okay, thanks." Min Ji smiles, glad that her friends were so open-minded and didn't want to send her to a mental asylum for suggesting such an unfathomable idea of the existence of demons.

However, unbeknownst to the four girls in the library, a pair of brilliant crimson eyes, the colour of blood, watching them from the garden, peering up through the broad, arched window on the second floor of the spacious building.

"Ah, shit, I've got work," Areum exclaims, suddenly realising the time, as she glances down at her watch.

"Oh, yeah, us too." Added Mi-Cha, referring to herself and Ji Su, who both worked together at the local animal shelter.

"Okay, see you guys later." Min Ji waves to them as they leave, before heading downstairs to see if anyone else is awake.

As she enters the dining room, she is greeted by a rich, heavenly aroma of fresh cooking. The long, elegant oak table in the centre of the large and spacious room was home to an array of fine china plates containing an assortment of delectable breakfast cuisines. It was a feast for the eyes and a certain delight for the palate: soft scrambled eggs, dotted with cheddar cheese; juicy sausage patties, flecked with red pepper; Belgian waffles, drizzled with Vermont-fresh maple syrup; oven-fried red potatoes, laced with bacon and green onion; and ice-cold Florida orange juice.

A familiar voice snaps her out of her awestruck state. "Good morning, I made some breakfast to say thank you. I wasn't sure what you liked so I made a lot."

She turns around and is met by a friendly face, gently smiling at her, his pale pink hair slightly tousled. "Thanks, but you really didn't have to." The red-haired girl replies, shocked by Jins kindness. "You're my guests, it should be me doing the cooking."

"Food smells good Hyung!" Taehyung bounds into the room excitedly, staring at the vast selection of dishes like a child in a candy store.

"I made a bit too much."

"A bit?!? This is tons of food!!" He squawked, grinning.

"It's fine, the girls can have some when they get back." Min Ji suggested. "Plus, it just means we'll have leftovers."

"Smart thinking." Commented Jin, impressed and wondering why he didn't think of that himself.

One by one, the rest of the seven boys filtered into the dining room and took their places at the table, digging into the delectable breakfast expertly prepared by their eldest Hyung. Min Ji took a bite of the scrambled eggs, savouring its fluffy texture, the rich, creamy flavour dancing on her taste buds.

Across the table, Jungkook rubbed at his wrists, still feeling the effects of his injuries. "Ugh... I ache..."

"Why? You took quite a bit of energy?" Jimin asks in confusion.

"I could have taken more to heal but I didn't want to."

"Kookie..."

"What? I didn't want to hurt the human."

"You can take some energy if you want." Min Ji offers, holding out her hand to him.

"N...n...no I'm fine, honestly." He stutters in embarrassment, his cheeks tinged with a light blush.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, positive."

"Okay." She shrugged, continuing her meal.

Jin sits back in his chair, relishing in the peaceful atmosphere. "This is nice, having a normal meal without having Suga go punch a guard, Jimin bringing back some demon to flirt with and actually having RM with us."

The latter nods in agreement, grateful to be able to spend some quality time with his brothers. "Yeah, it's great."

"I could get used to a life like this."

"Yeah."

A loud knock suddenly resonated throughout the room, breaking everyone's attention away from the conversation. "I'll get it." Min Ji rises from her place at the table, making her way towards the lobby where the enormous entrance was located. It was probably just one of the girls; one of them would always forget something. Pulling on the cool metal handles, the smooth mahogany doors swung open, revealing a petite figure, blood dripping from her small frame. She stood at a height of about 5 ft. 5, her white and red hair blowing in the wind as she struggled to stand, obviously pained by her injuries. Min Ji reached out and gripped the girl's shoulder, stabilising her as she felt great pity for the girl and worry gnawed at her gut. The two locked eyes, the crimson orbs begging her to let her come inside.