17 - Marriage

Magsimula sa umpisa

The mandap (where marriage is held) is ornated with rose and white colour flowers, which makes it more elegant. I am doing rituals, and it asked to bring the bride. Later I heard anklets sound, here she comes, my soon to be wife, my Janvi.

I looked to my right to see her coming towards the stage, she is looking stunning in her lavender lehenga. Now I can understand why my mom forces me to choose this sherwani. She chose the same colour dress purposefully.

This colour suits her perfectly for her skin complexion

This colour suits her perfectly for her skin complexion. She has makeup, I had never seen her in makeup, it makes her eyes more beautiful, her pink blush cheeks and those pink lipstick.

Ahhh I have to control myself seeing her like this.

Her dress showed her cream waist visible making me gulp and move my gaze back to her face. The jewels she wears is adding beauty to her. Her hair is hidden with the veil on her head. Her hands are adorned with beautiful sparkling bangles. But she is still modest.

I wish things are easy between us. I want to hug her now. But one thing is still missing in her face, her smile. She is not smiling. Why can't she smile, she gets money, fame and her dad's business. Why it's still empty?

She sat beside me and after some minutes it's time to tie the nuptial chain around her. I take and tied it around her neck and saw her eyes which is lowered to her foot. But I am sure it's still blank. I want to see happiness in it or at least anger, all I need is to see an expression. She agrees whatever she is told, but back then she argues when they are at fault. What happened to that Janvi, I am missing her. This janvi is making me frightened.

After many peoples congratulated our marriage, and it's time for us to leave. Her parents are not sad that their daughter is leaving them. Janvi is also not sad or crying. She went near her parents, as the knot of cloth is tied with her I too went with her, her parents stood there with a confused look.

"Now my debt is over," she said and walked to the car. That's it?!!

What does that mean? Debt? This is confusing me a lot.

We both sat in my dad's car, the driver started driving it. There is a complete silence inside, she is looking out of the window. As I heard girls always cry when they leave their parents home, where she is just gazing out of the window.

How can someone be coldhearted to their parents?

She has a heart which is made of stone, can't she at least be good to her parents. Such an ungrateful brat.

This journey is longer than I expected it to be. I can see that we reached my penthouse. Yes my house, I told mom that I want to start my life there only. Of course, it's a lie I can be free here after my parents go to our house.

My parents are waiting for us, my mom hugged Janvi with a great smile which she returned a small smile. Janvi is asked to kick the small metal pot which is filled with rice and then step into the house. She did as she is said.

After many rituals, mom takes Janvi to my room, the first girl to my room. Later she asked me to go to my room as they are leaving us for our night.

I want to laugh out loud, as it's going to happen. After they left I went to my room to see her sitting on the edge of my bed. I can feel her state, but why is she sitting as it's all new to her.

That thought is enough for me to make me angry. I called one of my girls,

"Hey babe"

"Are you available now Ritu?"

"For you, I am always will be available"

"Then come immediately," I said and went back to my room.

"Come out," I said. She came without any opposition.

"Take any room on the right of stairs" she nodded and started walking not before seeing my eyes. She looks too tired. And broken?

I want to hold her in my arms but I decided to go against it. I turned away to avoid seeing her.

I heard a bell ring, I opened to see Ritu there, without wasting a second she started kissing me as her life depends on it.

"To the room," I said breaking the kiss. Can't she wait at least some minutes? After locking the door, I walked to the room, my gaze moved upstairs to hear the closing of the door.

I went to the room to see her in her only lingerie, she came to me and started kissing me. I closed my eyes and kissed her with the same force, leaving my hands to wander on her.

How many of you hate Adith?

Please vote and comment.