chapter 19 Testing His Limits

Start from the beginning

"What an idiot." I whispered running over to my injured teammate. "Wow. Just wow." I said standing over him with my hands on my hips.

"So how bout that." He said chuckling a little as he continued to cough up blood.

"Your the idiot who decided to take him on. AFTER I told you he was the strongest genin here. Not to mention piss him off." I lectured.

"Instead of lecturing me can you get me to a hospital? I'd rather not go out this pathetically." He said laughing.

"Well considering you're still able to talk means he didnt hit you that hard." I said crossing my arms.

"I must apologize. For hitting you harder than necessary. " Neji said coming to stand beside me looking neutral again. He must've gotten his revenge because he wasn't mad anymore. But he also didn't sound all that remorseful either.

"Heh... you didnt hold back did you?" Rintaru asked as I heard the others come running up.

"Actually I did. I have a lot more chakra reserved." He said seriously making Masato stop laughing.

He hit him that hard and he held back? He truly is amazing.

"Hey are you alright? Neji was that necessary?" Guy sensei asked worried.

Neji closed his eyes. He knew he was in trouble and whatever he said wouldnt help his case.  So he just stayed quiet.

"Lee go get lady Tsunade out here quickly. I'm afraid moving him might injure him further." Captain Yamato commanded calmly. Lee nodded and took off seeing as he was the fastest one here.

"BYAKUGAN." Neji looked at him.l carefully. Before returning back to normal. "I didnt injure anything severely. His chakra seems to be flowing just fine."

"Well as long as it's not slowing down." Captain yamato said sighing a bit.

Suddenly lady Tsunade came running up with shizune. Looking quite pissed.

"Neji Hyuuga!" She yelled as she got closer. "What happened?"

"I did nothing just hit him with a little more force than necessary. I apologize. " he replied.

"Well he seems to be fine hell be recovering for a few days." She said sighing to herself. "However. You were told to fight in taijutsu only. You used your lightning style right after getting healed didnt you?" She frowned making masato chuckle nervously.  "In any case. It's his own fault." She glanced to Neji smiling a little. "You didnt do any damage. Just bruised his left lung." She healed him quickly before standing up.

"I apologize." He said for the third time today.

"Next time dont hit a vital spot so hard." She said smiling a little. "Alright trainings over for today."

We all sighed in relief.

"You're the idiot Rintaru." I said shaking my head as he stood up rubbing his chest where Neji had hit him. "Next time dont piss him off." I whispered in masatos ear making him laugh.

"Dont worry lesson learned." He chuckled as we both felt Neji getting angry again. In order to keep Rintaru from getting hurt again I stepped back from Rintaru to stand next to Neji again.

"Come Michigo. I'll walk you home." Neji offered softly.

"Hey! What happened here?" Masato yelled. I looked back and mouthed tomorrow. Which he nodded frowning.

"No worries I'll fill ya in." Rintaru said walking next to him.

When we finally left the grounds and we were alone I felt Neji leading me to a field.

"If you dont mind staying here for a few hours? Theres a great view of the sunset here." Neji said softly. I dont know if it was just my imagination or not but I swore I saw his cheeks turn pink for a few minutes.

"Sure." I smiled gently walking to sit in the middle of the field that was filled with flowers.

Neji came to sit down next to me. A little closer then normal. My heart was racing and my cheeks warm.

"Michigo I have something I want to tell you." He said softly. "But before that. Byakugan." He whispered that last part.

"Neji?  I glanced over to him worried. He had his byakugan activated and his eyes were closed. Meaning he was checking the surroundings for any signs of anyone following.

"Come out Tenten. I know your there." He said opening his eyes and glaring at the floor. She was behind us.

He has the byakugan. She should've known hed know she followed.

"You caught me." She said coming out of her hiding place laughing nervously scratching the back of her head.

"What is it you want?" He stood up to face her as I was just sitting turned around though. I glanced at him only to see he was furious.

He wanted to tell me something important and she had interfered.