Through the View of His Eye

Start from the beginning

He stopped. He fell forward. A syringe was embedded in the back of his neck.

"Auf Wiedersehen, idiotischer Spion." Medic mutters, strolling up, syringe gun in hand. Heavy trailed behind him, looking relieved and cheerful.

"Little Girl!" Heavy cheers. "Glad you are safe now."

"A bout time the both of ya found us." I say. Heavy holds out his arms and I took lass from off my back and handed her over to him. He cradled the small girl in his arms like a baby. Heavy's arms made her look so much smaller than she is...most things are smaller when compared to Heavy.

"Come on! Let's get back to the base. I think I could use a beer."

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

General POV

Demo walked into the base with Medic next to him and Heavy carrying (Y/n) behind them. They walked into the common room to find the rest of the Mercs gathered there, save for one. Everyone turned to the returning group and they cheered. They gathered around the trio and bombard them with questions and exclamations.

Heavy walked over to the couch to sit down with the sleeping kid, and the others followed him like sheep. Demo watched the commotion at ease. The stress of today and the past few days melt away.

"Trink ein Bier?" Medic held out a mug of beer for him to take.

Demo smirked and took the glass, "You know me well, Doc."

The chatter of the men woke (Y/n) up. She groaned as she tried to sit up in Heavy's arms.

"How are ya feelin alright Darlin?" Engie asked. "Are ya hurt?"

"I did not give you permission to go AWOL, cadet!" Soldier chimed in.

"Lay off her, sarge. Don't be so up yourself. It's not like she planned it." Sniper argued.

"Anyone apart of this unit and it goings on should be prepared for any situation. Unplanned kidnappings are no exception." Soldier stated daftly. In reality, he didn't want to express his worry out right. He is not a weak cupcake.

Sniper wasn't having it, "That is a load of—"

*sniffle*

The ontesting pair turn to the small child in surprise. (Y/n) looked on the brink of crying.

"Oh, no, no, *ssh*" Heavy tried to pacify the little girl.

"Now look what ya did you bloody idiot."

Soldier looked guilty for a moment, but (Y/n) said: "That's not what's wrong."

"Huddah?" Pyro questioned.

"...S-Scout *sniffle* Scout 's Dead!" (Y/n) exclaimed. The Mercs gave confused glances to each other. (Y/n) continued, " G-guard shot him a-and there was blood everywhere and i-it would't stop and I'm covered in it," She gestures to herself, " and now he's dead!"

The mercs tried to calm her down and explain but they either couldn't find the right words to explain or they were disrupted by the sound of her sobbing. Spy disappeared...not unusual and probably not be paid any attention—anyway— Engie finally figured out what to say.

"Darlin, Scouts not really dead." Engie started

"I saw him die."

"Yes, you did, but he didn't die permanently. Ya see there is this ...magical thing we call respawn that works within the confines of Teufort. I'm guessing you've already figured out that the "paint" was actually blood, right."