Chapter 17

~Ashley's P.O.V~

I wake up on a bed in a dark room. I turned my head to a window, and saw that it was dark outside. I reached into my back pocket to get my phone, but failed when it hurt too much to reach behind me. My arms were sore, and my face felt cold and swollen. That's when I remembered why I was like this. Mitch.

It wasn't his or Jason's fault, it was mine. Jason didn't even know about me and Mitch. I could have pulled away when he kissed me, but I didn't. A part of me forced me to continue with the kiss. Mitch's heartbroken face made me start to sob. He must have felt as heartbroken as I was when my last boyfriend cheated on me. He saw his best friend making out with someone he loved. I deserved more punches than one. I wanted to see Mitch and show him how sorry I was. But he wasn't here with me. I was alone.

I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep, but I heard the sound of a door opening. It was too dark to see who was walking in.

"Ashley, are you awake?" It was Jason voice.

"Jason?"

"Oh! Your finally awake! I got so scared. I don't know if I can live without you. " Jason turned on the light, making me squint.

"Ugh... I'm hurt Jason, I can't move."

"Why did you jump in front me? Mitch could have hit me instead of you."

"Because you didn't deserve it. It was all my fault. I should have told you. I should have stopped myself. I should have-"

"Ashley, what's wrong? Why are you blaming yourself... and why was Mitch so angry?"

"Because I hurt him. He thought I loved him, but he saw me with you."

"Wait, you guys were dating? I'm so sorry... I didn't know. Oh god..." Jason sighed and face palmed himself with both of his hands.

"No Jason. It wasn't your fault. You didn't know."

"I should have asked before I kissed you."

"It's- wait... where is Mitch? I need to tell him everything."

"I-I don't know. When Mitch hit you, he ran away. I didn't run after him because I didn't want to leave you alone on the floor. Adam, Alesa, Ian Maddie, and Louise came downstairs and helped me take you up to my room as carfully as we could. Jerome was still asleep. They went out to find him, while I stayed here with you. They never found him." Tears come out of eyes. This was all my fault. I was a horrible person.

"T-they n-never found h-him? Oh God... Jason... this is all my fault. All my fault..." I sit up and cry on Jason's shoulder as he hugged me.

"We can look for him tomorrow if that makes you feel any better."

"Yeah... let's do that. Thank you, Jason."

"Anything for you, Poofy." I let go of Jason and slowly laid down, trying not to hurt myself. Jason saw me struggling and helped me. He covered me with his soft blanket.

"Oh, I almost forgot to give you something." Jason jumped off the bed and reached under a desk. He pulled out a fluffy penguin that had my name stitched on the hat the penguin had on. He handed it to me.

"Jason, your so sweet. I love it! Thank you!"

"Your welcome, Poofy. It looked like you really needed a snuggle buddy in this situation." I laughed and gave Jason a hug while laying down. He had to lean towards me so I wouldn't get hurt.

"Alright. Good night, Poofy. Im tired. Wake me up if you need something. I really won't mind."

"Okay. Good night, Jason." I close my eyes while hugging the penguin. I hugged it tighter when I thought about Mitch. He was missing, no one had any luck finding him, and it was all of my fault. All of my mistakes I made got someone I love missing.

All my fault.