Chapter 16

~Mitch's P.O.V~

Ashley kissed me on my cheek and jumped off the bed. As she closed the door and went downstairs, I try to close my eyes and sleep for a while, but open them everytime I think about Ashley. I loved her too much to let her go. I don't want anything to happen to her. I would do ANYTHING for her, and nothing or no one will ever change my mind. I snapped out of my thoughts when I hear a knock on the door.

"Mitch, can I come in?"

"Yeah, come in..." Jerome opened the door and closed it behind him. He walked to sit on my bed and had a smirk on his face the whole time.

"What do you want, Jerome? I'm very tired..."

"You two did it last night didn't you?"

"WHAT THE HELL, JEROME?!! NO!!!"

"Jezz, Mitch... you know that I was just joking... sorry..."

"...sorry, biggums. I just... I feel so pertective over her. Probably because... we... uhh... we might have... kissed..."

"Wait... you kissed Ashley?!"

"Yeah... but it was only to help her! Some retard cheated on her with her best friend in school, and she became suicidal. I guess she saw them kissing, and tramatized her or something. I kissed her and she broke down and started crying. She let me help her buy kissing her again, and it worked!

"Do you think she likes you?"

"Well, when she pulled away, she said I love you to me, so I think she does."

"Nice going, G! My plan finally worked!"

"Jerome, what are you talking about? Did you set me up on purpose?"

"Yup! Don't act like I don't notice how depressed and lonely you get when you see me and Louise together. I did it for you, and Ashley."

"Awe biggums, you didn't have to. That's why I love you man!"

"#MEROME4LIFE!!!"

"But seriously, thank you."

"No problem, G. Anyway, I should be going. You look very tired."

"Alright. See ya!" Jerome leaves and shuts the door. It made it a little easier to sleep because of Jerome, and made me worry less about Ashley. I shut my eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

"Mitch... Mitch... MITCH!" I opened my eyes and felt myself tied up. I was back in the horrible nightmare again. The mask gets pulled off my face, and I see Jerome.

"Jerome, what are you doing here?"

"I need to tell you something." Jerome started to Un-tie me from the chair.

"What do you need to tell me?"

"You need to go. Now." The rope I was tied up in got lose and fell off.

"Wait... Jerome, what's going on? What's happening?"

"Mitch, just go!" I look around me and see nothing but darkness.

"But Jerome, where do I go? There is no where to go."

"Downstairs! Now go!" I start to run forward, not knowing where I was going. I stopped running and looked back. Nothing was there. Not the chair, the light, or Jerome. Just darkness. I keep running, but I trip. Before I touched the ground, I woke up.

I quickly sat up, which made me light headed. I felt my head, and was sweating. I got out of bed, and went to the bathroom in my room. I turned on the sink and splashed cold water on my face. I then wiped off the water with a towel. I opened the door and went downstairs. I went down quietly, hoping to scare someone on my way to find Ashley. I reached the living room, but froze in place due to the sight.  It was Jason kissing Ashley on the couch.

"...Ashley? My heart sank, then shattered. Ashley would never do anything like this.

"Oh... uhh... hey Mitch..." That's when it hit me. It wasn't Ashley's fault. It was Jason's. Jason probably kissed her first, and forced her to continue the kiss.

"JASON, YOU LITTLE SHIT!" I was full of rage. I ran up to Jason and pulled him off the couch, making him stumble. I faced him, seeing his face full of confusion and horror. I was ready to punch, and I closed my eyes as I did. I was going to punch one of my best friends, but I didn't want to see it myself.

"MITCH, WAIT-" I heard a loud thud. I opened my eyes, but saw Jason looking down at the floor, completely fine. I looked down at the floor, and saw Ashley. Her nose was red and bloody. She didn't move, which made me go into shock.

"ASHLEY!!! NO!" Jason screams, bending down to help Ashley. I continue to stare at the lifeless body, and feel tears swelling in my eyes.

"Ashley... I'm so sorry..." I ran out of the house, and around the corner of the street, running into a children's playground. I stopped to catch my breath, and sat down near a tree, crying in my knees.

"What have I done?"