Chapter 9

~Ashley's P.O.V~

I was to exited to think about what was happening. All I knew was that me, Mitch, and Jerome were going to see a movie that I have been waiting to see for a while. When we got into the theater and bought our tickets, Jerome spoke up.

"You two can go get seats while I get the popcorn." Jerome gives Mitch a look and Mitch responded buy punching his arm playfully.

"Shut up, Jerome. Go get your stupid popcorn. The movie starts in 3 minutes!" I didn't want to hear them playfully fight, so I rush both of them.

"Okay, okay! Jerome gets the popcorn, and Mitch comes with me. Are we done? Good." I grab Mitch's hand and walk to where the movie is playing. I then let go when I feel my cheeks get red. We both get into the theater, and see a full row of no people. Mitch sits down and I sit next to him. I put my sweater to my right to save a seat for Jerome, as Mitch was on my left. When the commercials were over, I saw Jerome standing in one spot, probably looking for us. I wave my hand in the air so he could see me.

"Jerome!" I whispered loudly, trying not to disturb anyone around me. Jerome walked up to me and I picked up my sweater so Jerome could sit. Jerome hands me popcorn and soda, but I pass it to Mitch instead. I wasn't hungry. Mitch had to start eating more anyway. The movie started, and every one stopped whispering as the lights above got darker.

In the middle of the movie, a very terrifying jump scare came on, and I got so scared that I couldn't even let out a scream. I just started hyperventilating quietly. I should have thought twice before watching a horror movie knowing that I have a very weak heart.

"Ashley, are you okay?" I hear Mitch talk as he turned to face me. He puts one hand on my left cheek and looked into my eyes with a very worried face.

"Y-yeah I... I'm... O-okay... I just... n-need to... calm d-down..." I studder on my words as Mitch quickly embraced me. I didn't push him off of me when I realized what he was doing was working. My breaths go from heavy to soft in seconds. He always knew how to help me feel better. Mitch let go of me to look at my face.

"Do you feel better?"

"Yeah. Thank you so much." I smile at him, ignoring the movie.

"Your so cute when you smile." I was about to turn around and continue to watch the movie, but at that exact moment, Mitch pressed his lips against mine. I didn't know what to do or what to think. All I thought about was that horrible day. The day I turned suicidal.

*Flashback*

I couldn't believe it myself. I was actually dating someone in highschool. I never dated anyone in my life, so I didn't know what to expect. I loved Jacob, and he loved me. He was one of the popular kids, so I got more repect when they found out we were dating. I gained friends from it too, and we just started dating yesterday. According to movies, people who just start relationships would kiss eachother on the cheek. I was planning to do that to Jacob when I first saw him in class. I walked inside the school with a smile. My smile breaks when something caught my eyes. It was Jacob kissing Jessica in the hallway. Jessica wasn't just a random person, she was my best friend. I hung out with her every day, and she seemed like a very trustworthy person. It turns out she couldn't be trusted with anything anymore. My eyes flooded with tears. I didn't want to see what I just witnessed, so I ran out of the school, never wanting to ever come back.

*End of Flashback*

I snapped back into reality and pushed Mitch away. I felt like everyone was staring at me and I got very embarrassed. I just ran away, thinking that it was my only option. I ran out the theater, unable to see because of the massive amounts of tears in my eyes. I stop running when I reached some benches outside of the theater. I sat down to catch my breath before I started hyperventilating again. I lift my legs on the bench and sob in my knees. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to run away from everything.

"Ashley?" I hear a soft, familiar voice. I lift my head to check who it was. I saw who it was and quickly looked away. It was Mitch. I didn't say anything. "Ashley, I'm sorry... I'm soo sorry. I didn't mean for it to happen like that. I didn't know th-" I cut Mitch off on his sentence. He still listens to me anyway.

"Mitch, I'm sorry. I should have told you instead of running away like that. It wasn't your fault." I wiped my eyes as I spoke. Mitch listened to every word.

"Hey! There you guys are! You both just ran out of the theater. What happened?" Jerome came up behind us which scared both of us. Mitch spoke up before I could say anything.

"Nothing biggums, don't worry about it. Ashley, do you want to finish the movie?" I wiped my eyes again and spoke.

"Yeah, okay. Lets go." They nod in agreement and we walk inside the theater.

"Hey Poofy, if you get scared again, you can hug me... if you want." I smile at Mitch's words.

"Sure. I will tell you when I need one." I look at Mitch and smile.

"Ash? Are you sure you're not mad? I completely understand if you are."

"Mitch, I'm totally sure that I'm not mad. There is nothing to be mad about."

"Good. I'm too ersistable for that anyway." I laughed and playfully pushed him. He was so funny. He knew how to cheer my mood and make me feel better. I wished I would have knew him sooner... before I first started cutting myself. I love Mitch, and it is pretty odvious that he liked me. I just didn't want to jump into a relationship now. I didn't want to re-live the things I saw in highschool. I didn't want to suffer... again.