Chapter 11

~Ashley's P.O.V~

I wake up to me sleeping on Mitch's shoulder, but was too tired to open my eyes. I then hear talking, but stay quiet and pretended to sleep to listen to the conversation.

"Whatever biggums, I'm going to take Ashley to my room."

"Woah woah, Mitch! You knew her for a day and your already doing the dirty? Way to go Buddy!" I feel my cheeks burn, but no one notices since it's so dark. Later in the conversation, I feel Mitch delacately take me off of him and pick me up. I snuggled into him to get comfortable.

"She's so adorable when she's asleep."

"Mitch, you said that out loud."

"I know."

When Mitch gets to his room, he gently places me on the bed, facing me to the wall. He moved my hair and kissed me on my forehead. I accidentally giggled, which gave away that I was faking.

"What the hell? Ashley, were you awake the whole time?!"

"Maybe... you have no proof!" I see Mitch's face get red.

"So, you heard what I said?"

"Mitch, I heard everything." I try to hold a serious face, but I end up smiling.

"I will get my revenge!"

"How? You will probably forget about it anyway."

"By tickling you!" Mitch tickles my sides as I try to push him off, but I'm too weak from laughing. Mitch finally stops as I weakly slap him, which was basically me sliding my hands against his face. "There, now I got my revenge." I try to speak, but am out of breath.

"Mitch... you... j... jag..." Mitch looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"Ashley? Are you hyperventilating again? Do you need a hug?"

"No, but can I... get one...anyway?" Mitch laughed and embraced me. I hugged back, mostly because it was cold, and Mitch was very warm, and his shirt was soft. I let go and looked at him. He leaned in and kissed me. All that went through my head was that image that was painful to forget about for years. I would cut myself with a sharp object and thought it would force me to forget. Instead, it made me feel worse.

I quickly pushed Mitch away from me, remembering all the mental and physical pain I suffered in my years of high school. I started to cry silently as Mitch lifted my face to look at me.

"Ashley... what's wrong? Tell me, please. It kills me when I see you cry."

"I had a boyfriend who cheated on me with my best friend. I thought he loved me, that's what he said. I had to deal with suicide for 4 years."

"Oh god Ashley, I'm soo sorry. I swear I didn't know."

"It's fine. I taught myself how to get over it."

"But Ashley, this can't happen to you every time someone tries to kiss you. You have to get over it permanently. I will help you."

"Mitch, I don't know. I suffered many things because of my-"

"Poofy, I will help you. I want to help you. Just let me do it. Please." I thought that mitch was kidding and made an excuse just to kiss me, but I have never seen Mitch this serious. He cared about me. He wanted to help me.

"Okay Mitch. I trust you. But if I push you off-" Mitch cuts me off on my sentence by pushing his lips against mine, starting a soft, gentle kiss. I felt tears role down my eyes, but ignored it so Mitch could help me. The kiss started to get less gentle, and more dense. Yet, I went with it. I didn't want to continue to suffer the pain I felt for a long time. I wanted to forget and start a new memory.  A memory with Mitch. Mitch pulled away to check on me.

"Did it work?" I nod as Mitch puts his hand on my face to look at me. He takes a tissue from a random tissue box on a nightstand near the bed, and wipes the tears off my face.

"Mitch, I love you."

"I love you too, Poofy." This time, I kissed Mitch. He didn't ask questions, he just went with it. The kiss lasted for a while. We finally stoped when we realized it was 1 in the morning.

"Ashley, you did it!"

"Yay... can we go to sleep now?"

"Sure Poofy, go ahead." Mitch laid down, and I laid down on top of him, using his chest as a pillow.

"Goodnight, Poofy."

"Goodnight my benja." I drifted off to sleep, trying to forget the unwanted memories, and refilling them with Mitch, and only Mitch.