I, Lelouch Vi Britannia, command you! Ded urself

The following week passed by simultaneously torturously slow and excruciatingly long for the three friends, and with the addition of Owen, things seemed to have slowed down even more.

They were sitting on the school roof for lunch, a habit they had almost immediately acquired, munching half-heartedly on the food Yuzu had provided for them. They were separate from the others, Monica didn't want to have to be around Ichigo and Uryu any longer than absolutely necessary at the moment.

The week prior when Uryu had shown up to Ichigo's house, Monica was confident that was it, that moment they'd all be sent back and it'd be over. Nothing ever goes right, no one ever has a happy ending when it comes to Bleach. Nothing had really changed, except for Ichigo and Uryu's mannerisms when around each other, they're closer, calmer, subtle changes that made Monica positively ecstatic, but what's the point of being happy with the now if you know it's going to be ruined any second.

She knew fanfiction, she knew yaoi manga, but her knowledge of shounen anime was limited, not to mention her uncertainty of what plot line they were even following anymore, an extra chapter? A filler arc? A sequel? Anything was possible at this point.

They were all lost in their own thoughts, but Alicia was worried about something a little different, "I've been wondering lately," and Monica's interest was peaked, "when we first got here, it was pretty plain, but now, it looks like this could be a real school," she continued to pick at the fruits assorted to look like a bunny.

Monica's eyes visibly widened, "That's it!" She jumped up, calling the attention of not only her friends, but the main cast of Bleach sitting a few feet away, "We're the main characters!"

Alicia pulled her back down, yell whispering for her to shut up, "That makes no sense and you know it," she looked over her shoulder, trying to indicate nothing was wrong, "She's just being stupid, don't worry about it," which seemed to be enough to calm at least Orihime and Chad down, Uryu and Ichigo still seemed a bit on edge.

Having been disrupted from reading, Zee thought he'd include himself into the group, "at least let her explain herself," he placed his book to the side (he's already finished two novels in this universe and when they go back, he won't miss them).

Monica nodded with clear approval of Zee's interjection, and shot a quick glare at Alicia. "When you have an epiphany, it's only natural to want everyone to know," she shifted to sit cross-legged, "I've been thinking of us as side characters up until now, and side characters have to draw a clear line between themselves and the protagonists, we can't have too much screen time," with a subtle nod from Alicia, she continued, "but if we're the main characters, then we have to drive the story forward."

Zee sighed a little half-heartedly, "but what story are we supposed to follow now?" He motioned to Ichigo and Uryu, he probably wouldn't have noticed if not for Monica insisting he pay closer attention, but now that she has, it's pretty clear they're dating.

Monica looked up thoughtfully for a moment, tapping her chin in a dramatic fashion, "I guess I haven't really cared for Ichigo and Uryu for a while, but it used to be what I watched Bleach for," another hum, "Isshin, maybe? Ah, but I don't really..."

Owen had been looking to the side, uninterested in the discussion, but it seemed to concern him at least a little, "I mean I don't want to stay any longer than necessary, but trying any and everything that comes to mind doesn't seem too efficient."

Monica huffed out a clearly annoyed breath, "I'm well aware, you shit," she threw her hands up, "but what the hell else are we supposed to do? Prey? Ask Kisuke? Jump off a roof and hope our deaths will-"

Owen cut her off, "hold on, you haven't asked Urahara yet?"

"..."

And that's what brought them to Kisuke's shop front, since it was early in the afternoon and a nice day, albeit a little dry, Jinta and Ururu were sweeping up outside. They paid little attention to the two, they weren't arguing or fighting or anything, so doing anything passed a short greeting would probably be viewed as a little odd.