God I had to re-read most of the story just to remember what it was about

Saturday was definitely a break from everything they'd been going through lately. Zenith despised shopping and luckily for him, Monica wasn't so concerned with the shops as she was advancing in her half-assed plan.

That morning, Uryu had gotten back to them on his original outfits and he was quite proud, to say the least. Monica called dibs on the most showy of the three and regardless of her attraction to the clothes, it had been made for her in the first place. Alicia had gotten something a little more subtle and she reluctantly put it on after being assured it'd be comfortable. As for Zee, he was pretty adamant he wouldn't wear anything stupid but gave up on arguing when he realized his outfit was made for function.

In their new clothes, Monica had insisted on going out, rather than for shops, more to see what the town had to offer. She had been able to get Uryu to tag along as well, albeit fairly reluctantly. The constant compliments on "the sheer quality of the stitch rendering these garments priceless'' (in Monica's obsessive words) and other random assortments of words worked to drag the nerdy kid along.

They ended up at a park of some sort, maybe not specifically meant for kids if the lack of slides and monkey bars is anything to go by. It did have a large amount of free land covered with well-maintained grass. There were groups of trees in some areas and benches underneath some of the shade, Alicia vaguely recognizes it from one of the first episodes of the show but it did look like any other park so she doubts her memory is exactly serving her correctly.

Monica had planned on getting Ichigo to join them but the teen was already out of the house by the time their clothing had been sorted out, so she decided it'd be fine to really use the day as a break instead of pushing through with her bullshit plan.

When they arrived, they sat down at a table under a tree, further away so they were more isolated from the stereotype background characters littering the main part of the area. Monica brought along a bag filled with miscellaneous snacks (Yuzu insisted) and other things she always carried around.

Almost immediately, with lack of other things to do, Alicia grabbed Monica's bag, with minimal resistance and layed out some of the food, a nice arrangement of fruit, crackers and some more hearty food like rice and stir fry. She opted for the crackers, since it looked the easiest at the moment.

Monica took her bag back and started searching, "I don't like the sun," Albeit random, it sounded like something she'd say. With other seemingly random statements, she layed out some pencils and paper, "What to draw, what to draw..."

Alicia looked around, knowing none of her suggestions would be acknowledged, she instead struck up a conversation with Ishida, the boy looked kinda beaten up, she couldn't really find it in her to feel bad, though, "You feeling alright?"

With that, Ishida snapped into focus, looking to Alicia, he politely smiled, though it didn't quite reach his eyes, "Yes, thank you for asking," Alicia didn't really like the answer, it was like talking to a wall, not to mention that his response was insincere as hell.

Monica snapped up from what looked like the beginnings of a face, "Yeah, right, you look like hell," She said it with a pained smile, but switched to a frown within a second, "Whaddya wanna be when you're older?" She started up with the sketch again.

Ishida looked confused for a split second, "What?" When he wasn't met with a reply, he shrugged, with seemed to relieve at least a little tension, "I-I don't know, I'm going between pursuing a career in medicine and... and something else," Alicia laughed a little, hoping it would be ignored didn't seem to do the trick and Ishida quickly turned his gaze to her, "What?"

It was Alicia's turn to shrug, she couldn't exactly say 'killing hollows and ridiculing soul reapers isn't a career path' and instead tried to come up with something on the spot, "You're father's a doctor, right?" Ishida nodded, "It feels kind of forced, like, is that something you wanna do or are you just doing it because it's convenient?"