9

Mark's POV

"Son, you have been studying a lot, as well with your training." My dad said walking into my study.

"Thank you, father."

"How is it with the girl?"

"She is adjusting well I feel, she has even helped me with seeing that I can be King when it's time. I just need to stop underselling myself."

His stone lips curled into a smile but then went back to plaster.

"Prince Charles has requested a visit next month."

"I will have her go to the next kingdom for his visit. They already offered to keep her safe."

"Do you believe what she said about Prince Charles?" His voice was low.

"I do, I have seen him act differently towards young females at the balls. Plus, the fear in her eyes when I found her, it's the same fear you will find when you ask about him today. She is terrified of him. Plus, I saw the bruise he left on her arm."

My father's eyes turned burning red when I mentioned the bruise.

"He hurt her physically?"

"She was trying to get away from him. Father, she is having nightmares about him. She was taking a nap the other day after we went horseback riding and she was begging him to let her go. I 100% believe she is telling the truth."

"Very well, I will let you know what day he will be here."

"Thank you."

He nodded his head then left, I went back to my studies but was interrupted by a light knock.

"Come in." I looked up at the door.

The door slowly opened and Amy's head appeared.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hey, please come in." I smiled back.

She closed the door behind her and walked in.

"How is studying?" She sat next to me.

"Eh, I need to remember all of the laws, the punishments for breaking those laws and the history. So, not really fun."

"Can I help?"

"How would you do that?"

"I don't know, maybe I could quiz you?"

"That could make studying more fun."

"Let me see the book."

I handed it over to her, her eyes skimmed the page I was on looking for something I quiz me on.

"Okay." She said, "If a person is caught stealing from a market cart, what will happen?"

"If it is a child their parents will be told. And they must pay for what the child stole. If it happens more then three times the parents and child must do community service work to make up for it. Now, it an adult steals, the first time they will pay a fine. After that then they will go to jail. For how long, depends on what they stole."

"Correct." She smiled.

"I have studied these since I was young."

"Had anything ever changed?"

"Every year."

"And you have to remember them too."

"Yep."

"That gives me a headache."

"Oh yeah, I have gotten them many of times, but um. My dad came in and told me that Charles wants to come to visit next month."