4

Amy's pov

Tomorrow is the ball, I was able to sneak away to the village to try my dress on after I was done with all of my chores.

"There you are!" Mrs. Tess said as I rushed in.

"Sorry! Step-monster gave me more chores to do."

"We need to find you a way out of that place."

She took me into the back.

"I know, but what am I going to do? Every time I get a chance, she finds it and messes with it."

"We will find something, but first we will get you to this ball and you will have fun dancing."

I gave her a soft smile as we entered the way back room.

"Oh, my! Mrs. Tess, it is so beautiful!" I looked at my dress on the mannequin.

The dress is perfect! It has one shoulder strap, but it is still elegant.

"I did the one strap so you will be different from everyone, now I do have something else for you." She was smiling as well.

"Mrs. Tess please, this is so much already." I pleaded for no more surprises.

"No, this you need."

She handed me a box, I opened it up showing a silver sparkly mask that covers my eyes.

"This will help keep your identity."

"Thank you so much!" I gave her a huge hug.

"I need you to try this on!"

"Okay!"

I took the dress off of the mannequin and carefully put it on. It fit perfectly.

"Now we just need to give you a good wash and do your hair."

"I owe you." I looked at her smiling. 

"You just need to have a great time, now let me put that back on the mannequin and you need to hurry back home."

When I got home, no one knew I was gone, I worked on dinner then cleaned up again.

********************************The next day******************************************

"Do my hair!" Gabbi ordered as she slipped on her heels.

"You are going to fall in those shoes," I said grabbing the bag of hair products.

"They look perfect with this dress."

I rolled my eyes then worked on her hair. After she was done it was Sarah's turn. Step-mother does her own hair and make-up, she is afraid that I will make her look ugly.

"Amy, after we leave this house must be spotless! We will be home late, so you better be in bed by the time we get home." Step-mother said walking into the room.

"Will do," I said curling Sarah's hair.

Once they were all done, they rushed out of the house. I hurried up and did all of the cleanings then took a nice hot shower. Once I was done, I rushed to Mrs. Tess's shop.

"There you are!" She said as I ran in.

"I am so sorry! She gave me a list again! And a curfew for me to be in bed."

"What are you 6?"

"No clue, but I am all ready to have some fun!"

She helped me into the dress than did my hair.

"I am going to give you some light make-up since you have a mask."

"Thank you."

Once she was done, I put the mask on.