25. Are You Ready?

Hoseok was knocking agitatedly at the same worn-out wooden door for three minutes straight, knowing that he was being heard and wasn't going to leave until he talked to someone

Finally, someone opened the door, and Hoseok almost fell forward with his fist as he went to knock again.

Locking eyes with the person who opened the door, hatred instantly washed over his face. This emotion was something he'd never felt so profoundly that his blood carried it through his veins, reaching even his fingertips.

"Oh, what a pleasant surprise," the man said, stepping aside for him to enter. "Hello, Jung Hoseok."

"I doubt this is either pleasant or a surprise to you," he huffed, walking in and looking around the empty, abandoned house. "I need to talk to your leader."

"My what?" he teased, a grin smearing the side of his face, he wanted him to say it.

"Your leader, I need to speak with him," Hoseok repeated, not wanting to give him what he wanted.

"Sorry, I'm not too sure who you're-"

"Kim Seokjin," Hoseok emphasised, caving. "I need to speak to him."

The man's smile returned, "Follow me."

With a roll of his eyes, Hoseok stuffed his hands into his coat pockets and followed.

"Guys, someone's here for you," he said when they walked into another room, and inside Hoseok saw a familiar silhouette sitting on the couch, his back facing them.

But when he heard his name, he turned around, jumping up when he saw his brother.

"Hoseok? What are you doing here?"

Hoseok, however, had his eyes trained on someone else in the room. Storming up to him - Seokjin's partner - he grabbed the collar of his shirt, throwing him against the wall.

"Hoseok!"

This newfound strength was unfamiliar, but he wasn't going to let that phase him.

"It was you, wasn't it?" his teeth were clenched, grip on Seokjin's partner getting stronger. The shirt got tighter, and he could feel the man's breathing harbour, but he didn't stop.

"What was him? Hoseok, stop!" Seokjin jumped over the couch, pulling his brother away from his partner before he did anything dumber.

"It was you, I'm sure of it," Hoseok seethed, as he stumbled back, his eyes never leaving the man in front of him.

"Jiwon, what is he talking about?"

He regained his composure, straightening his back and bore his eyes into Hoseok's.

"I knew you'd find out sooner or later," he took a step forward toward him, "This is why you don't mess with us, little boy. We haven't put this much time and effort into our operations for you to go trying to 'fix' everything."