CHAPTER 3 *NEW*

Note: Whether you're a new listener or familiar face, make sure to check out kaelking12's awesome audiobook recording of this chapter! Featuring Conor Maynard & William Singe's mash-up cover of Star Boy

CHAPTER 3

Elias

I don't know if I'm seeing things, or hearing things, or losing my mind all together, but Trish doesn't hesitate when she reaches down and slides her hand onto the inside thigh of my jeans. 

I freeze and warm up at the same time. My mind darts back to Josh, the only person in my corner, the guy I said I'd never snake a girl from, and I snap myself out of the moment.

"Trish. Please. Stop. Josh'll be back soon, I don't think we should--"

"I saw your Facebook post earlier by the way. This is my response. Don't worry about Josh. Until he officially asks me out, I'm just as commitment free as you are."

"But I--"

The words dry up in my mouth as Trish moves her fingers higher up the length of my jeans like she didn't hear me at all. She keeps going until I'm 100% sure she can feel how badly my body wants exactly what it shouldn't have.

It takes her ten seconds to unbutton the top of my jeans and less than five for me to experience a completely new version of what a girl's lips can feel like. 

I stop thinking, stop breathing, and completely lose myself to a feeling. 

To a girl I shouldn't even be touching, but she's making me greedy. 

I run my unsteady hands through her perfectly soft hair as she picks up her pace. I try to focus on something to keep me grounded--like the front door of the liquor shop where Josh could pop out of any minute, but my eyes haze over as Trish pushes me over the edge.

A new kind of rush explodes in my veins and leaves me weak, breathless, and desperate for her in a way I haven't been for anyone before. Trish lifts herself away from me a little too fast and her warmth follows her. 

I don't want her to stop. 

I don't want this to stop. 

Not the high. 

Not the buzz. 

But the loud ring of the door bell as Josh exits the liquor store sends guilt crashing into me like a freight train.

I move as far away from Trish as humanly possible, button up my jeans, and force myself out of the car right as Josh sidles up to it. I jet over to him and take the two boxes of beer out of his hands like they don't weigh a thing.