CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN | THE BIG BAD WOLF

HER HEAD STILL BOWED LOW; CARON CONTINUED TO WALK SLOWLY FORWARD WITH EHR COMPANIONS

HER HEAD STILL BOWED LOW; CARON CONTINUED TO WALK SLOWLY FORWARD WITH EHR COMPANIONS. Piper was behind the young girl, her hand intertwined with Alaw's. Never in her life did Caron ever expect to see Piper this way. She seemed so comfortable and relaxed.

And yet, Caron felt close to tears, not knowing when she'd ever see James again.

"Does anyone even know where we're going?" Caron lifted her head to stare at Alaw. Truth be told, she had no idea what direction they were even walking in. "We've been walking in a straight line for a good mile now, and yet, we still don't seem to be getting anywhere."

"The best plan of action is to see Abaddon." Their attention was drawn to Meredith who had stopped walking and instead stood in front of the group. "His men took James so it is most likely that the boy is there."

"That's a bad plan. We'd never get out of their alive. In case you haven't noticed, Caron is a criminal and everyone believes that I'm dead. Going in there is only going to get us killed."

Caron bit her lip as she thought about it. Her mother was right; James would be at the castle as he was likely taken by Abaddon's men. But she knew in her heart that she'd be putting herself and her friends in danger. Was it all worth it?

It had to be. James was all she had left that she could possibly care about. She had to get him back.

"My mother's right." All eyes were glued to her, carefully examining her facial features and body stand to determine if she knew what she was saying. "He'll be at the castle; it's the only way to get him back. I know you're scared Alaw. I am too. But you don't have to come in with us. Mother and I can go and we'll get James back. I'd risk my life for him."

The group exchanged glances, seeing what the others were thinking. Alaw shook her head, letting out a breath before she spoke. "I'm sorry, Caron. I just can't go in there."

"I understand. Wait for us here; my mother and I will be back in a few hours." Caron turned her head slightly to face Piper head on. "And you?"

"I...I...I don't think I can go. I want to see my brother but...it seems so dangerous."

Caron nodded and bit her bottom lip. "Alright. Okay. We'd better get going then." She took a deep breath before closing her eyes, thinking through the plan. "We're just going to have to be cool about this. Get in and out as quick as possible. Trying not to get trapped is our top priority."

Nodding along, Meredith took her daughters hands in her own. "We're going to get him back, alright?"

"Yeah. Alright, let's go." Caron grasped her mother's hand and pulled, dragging Meredith down the street. Meanwhile, Piper and Alaw waved as the two left, praying that their friends wouldn't end up behind bars.