Chapter 14. A Month Later

Cami's Apartment

A 10-year old Luna is sitting at the coffee table, drawing in her sketchpad with her crayons.

"Pancakes? Or waffles?", Cami asks her from the kitchen.

"Pancakes, please", Luna says.

"Okay", Cami says.

Cami looks at a photo of her and Christy on her phone. Ever since Christy lost her best friend, she's been spending time at the fighting gym at St. Anne's Church. Cami rarely sees her anymore.

A knock is on the door.

"Auntie Cami. Door", Luna says.

"Okay", Cami says as she walks to the door and opens it. It's Klaus. "Hi, Klaus"

"Camille", Klaus says, walking in.

"Hi, Daddy", Luna says with a smile.

"Hi, sweetheart", Klaus says, planting a kiss on her forehead. "How are you?"

"I'm good", Luna says.

"Klaus?", Cami says. He looks at her. "Can we talk?"

Klaus and Cami walks in the kitchen as she continues to make some pancakes for Luna.

"Have you spoken to Christy?", Cami asks him.

"Not that much", Klaus says. "It's like she's shutting me out. She's been spending time at the fighting gym at St. Anne's Church. I rarely see her. I'm worried about her"

"What about Elijah?", Cami asks him. "Have you spoken to him?"

"Elijah hasn't been himself since he lost his wife", Klaus says. "I'm worried about him as well"

"Gia was Christy's best friend and Luna's aunt. Also Elijah's wife", Cami says.

"What am I gonna do?", Klaus asks her, folding his arms.

"Comfort Christy", Cami says. "Be there for her. Make small talk"

Klaus looks at her, considering her advice.

~*~*~

St. James Infirmary

Marcel, Vincent, Josh, Diego, and Thierry and the others are gathered around the bar counter to celebrate Gia.

"To Gia. She will be missed", Marcel says to everyone.

"To Gia", they say in unison and drink their shots of bourbon.

"How's Christy?", Vincent asks Marcel.

"I don't know", Marcel says. "I rarely see her anymore. She's been held up in the fighting gym. Gia's death has a grieving impact on her"

"She can talk to someone", Josh says. "Like a friend or a best friend for mural support"

"I don't think that Christy nor Elijah are in a talking mood", Marcel says. "They both loved her"

"So did Luna", Josh says.

"Yeah", Vincent says. "Luna loved her too"

Marcel drinks his shot of bourbon as he gets up from the bar counter.

"Where you off to?", Diego asks him.

"To talk to Christy", Marcel says as he walks away.

~*~*~

St. Anne's Church

{Christy's Outfit} Wearing fingerless gloves, Christy punches the punching bag, venting out her anger

{Christy's Outfit} Wearing fingerless gloves, Christy punches the punching bag, venting out her anger. The more she punched, the more anger she vented out.

"You do spend some time venting out your anger", Marcel says.

Christy stops punching the punching bag as she looks at him. "Yeah. I do"

"I miss Gia too", Marcel says. "I know that she was your best friend, Luna's aunt, and Elijah's wife"

"How is he?", Christy asks, walking to him. "Elijah?"

"He's coping", Marcel says. "We all are"

Christy hugs him. He hugs her back. Marcel knew that Christy missed Gia. And Christy needed another best friend.

Withdrawing from the hug, Christy looks Marcel. "Thanks for the hug. I needed it"

"You're welcome", Marcel says with a small smile.

Christy smiles a small smiles as she walks away from him.

~*~*~

Mikaelson Home

Klaus walks into the study to see Christy sitting on the sofa, in the dark, sipping a glass of wine. "Christy?"

"How's Luna?", Christy asks him.

"With Camille", Klaus says, walking to her and sitting on the coffee table. "Penny for your thoughts?"

"I should've killed him", Christy tells her husband. "I should've killed Tristian"

"You're not a killer, Christy", Klaus says to her. He gently takes her half-empty glass of wine and puts it on the coffee table. He holds her hands.

Christy looks at him. "Klaus, I've been spending time at the fighting gym, trying to vent out my anger"

"Let it go", Klaus says to her in a gentle tone. "Grieve"

Not holding back tears, Christy starts to sob. Klaus sits down beside her on the sofa and she leans her head on his shoulder.

Klaus soothes her hair as Christy sobbed. He manages to see Elijah in the doorway. Elijah walks away as Christy grieved Gia.

~*~*~

Minutes after, Elijah is downstairs, sitting on the sofa, thinking about Gia.

Holding Gia's violin, Christy, who is on the stairs, starts to play it.

Hearing Gia's violin, Elijah looks at Christy as she plays the violin.

Getting teary-eyed, Elijah recalls Gia playing her violin at the St. James Infirmary. Proposing to her. And their wedding.

Overwhelmed by the emotions, Christy stops playing Gia's violin as Elijah starts to sob. Walking down the stairs, Christy puts the violin on the table and walks to Elijah and puts comforting arms around him.

Christy leans her head on Elijah's shoulder as she was no longer able to hold back her emotions of losing Gia.

Elijah and Christy both mourned and grieved the woman they loved.

~*~*~

Later that evening, Luna is wearing her pajamas, tucked under her bedcovers.

"Luna", Klaus says, walking into her room.

"Hi, Daddy", Luna says.

Klaus sits at her bedside. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah", Luna says. "What about Mommy? Is she okay?"

"She's fine", Klaus says. "Get some rest"

Luna nodded. Klaus kisses her forehead and walks out, turning off the light-switch.

Minutes after, Luna is asleep as Gia, a ghost, is sitting on the sofa, smiling.

Sensing Gia's ghost, Luna tiredly wakes up and looks at the sofa. She's not there. Luna smiles a little as she falls back asleep.

Any vote and comment?