Chapter 11. The Strix Gala

The next morning at the Mikaelson Home, Gia walks down the stairs to see a guy there, holding a small invitation card.

"Umm. Who are you?", Gia asks the guy, confusingly.

"Is Elijah Mikaelson here?", the vampire guy asked her.

"Umm. No", Gia says. "Do you have something for him?"

He hands her the invitation card. "Give it to Elijah Mikaelson"

"Okay", Gia says, gently taking the card from him. She looks at it as he vamp-speeded away.

~*~*~

St. Anne's Church

Elijah is punching a punching bag, venting out any emotion he may have. He kicks it hard and the punching bag itself flys off the handle.

"Elijah", Gia says, walking to him. He looks at her. She hands him the card. "Some vampire told me to give it to you"

Elijah walks to her, gently taking the small card from her.

Davila Estate. Strix Party. I do hope you come. Old chum.
–Signed Tristian

"What is it?", Gia asks her husband, folding her arms.

"An old acquaintance of mine is asking me to be a guest at his party", Elijah says.

"Can I come?", Gia asks him. "I mean, for backup?"

Elijah smiles at her. "Of course"

Gia smiles.

~*~*~

At the Mikaelson Home, Freya is in the study, sitting on the floor, cross-legged style, doing yoga.

Klaus walks in. "What are you doing here?"

"I live here", Freya says.

"Yes, obviously", Klaus says.

"How's Christy?", Freya asks her brother, getting up to her feet and switching into another yoga position.

"She's fine", Klaus says. "She's with Luna. They're both asleep"

"Yeah. She cried a little", Gia says, she and Elijah walks in. "She missed Christy. Other than that, Elijah and I comforted her"

Klaus smiles a little.

"Is there a meeting that I didn't know about?", Hayley asks them, walking into the study.

"I assume that Elijah has encountered his old acquaintance", Klaus says.

"Yeah. A guy, Tristian?", Gia asks, confusingly.

"I'll explain later at the gala", Elijah says to her.

"Okay", Gia says.

Hayley looks confuse. "What gala?"

"I'm gonna go", Gia says, walking out of the study. Elijah walks after her.

Hayley and Klaus exchange tense glances. Freya notices.

"I'll be in the kitchen. Making Luna cereal", Freya says, walking out.

Hayley looks at Klaus, who gives her a small smirk. "Don't start"

"I didn't say anything", Klaus says, walking out.