Chapter 11

*A/N Because you are worth it.

It was almost midnight. The entire campus was dark and quiet except for the engineering cafeteria which had a few lights on. Inside the cafeteria more than two dozen college boys were gathered. Five boys were in a line with only their toes and foreheads touching the floor, bodies bent like an arch with hands clasped behind their backs. The rest either stood or sat according to their rank and importance.  

Sam and his teams were beyond mad. They were livid. No matter how angry you are, a head hazer is required to keep his cool. At all times. However Sam had to remind himself, repeatedly, that it was illegal to hit the five morons in front of him. The five sophomore idiots have been in this position for the past hour. They've gone through a painful round of interrogation by the senior and junior arts hazing teams. And thankfully, they've talked. They've spilled every detail about the fights with the engineering team and what they've made Arthit Rojanapat do. And every word that came out of their mouths made the temperature in the room drop few degrees at a time. The five were taking turns talking loudly as they choked on their own saliva. But the spectators were beyond caring. 

'We know we went overboard. We were going to simply collect the camera and delete the video as soon as we get back to the room. And we also agreed that we wouldn't associate specifically with Arthit again like this. We apologize. Both for involving the engineering team and letting one of our juniors in harms way. We will accept any punishment given by our seniors.' Ell finished, panting hard. 

'Do you mean to tell me that you haven't deleted that video yet? Are you fucking kidding me?' Lee shouted making the sophomores flinch. Well as much as they could anyway.

Sam could feel the onset of a headache as he listened to his teams' and the sophomores' back and forth. Things were an absolute fucking mess. And right now he couldn't think of the best thing to do. He wanted the sophomores punished. And he had to do it since they were from arts faculty. He knew that the kids regretted what they did. But for the sophomore team to show such barbarism is concerning. They've also made the mistake of letting their petty emotions take precedence over their logic and responsibility. The incident needs to be approached in the best possible way so that the students, the seniors and the faculty will not have any negative consequences.

Sam risked a sideways glance at Kongpob Suthilak. He's known Kongpob Suthilak since first year and he's well aware what he is capable of. He had first hand experience as to how ruthless the youngest Suthilak can be. Sam had been the one who found August passed out in his dorm room after overdosing on sleeping pills. After calling the ambulance, Sam had called Kongpob for assistance. They hadn't been exactly friends but the now senior hazing teams had been close colleagues. Even then, as mere first years, they've known Kongpob Suthilak was a force to be reckoned with. Sam was proven right when by next day, the seniors were called for a disciplinary hearing and were expelled. Apparently the faculty found incriminating evidence against the seniors who bullied August and that was the last time they ever heard of them.

Sam and his team always had a good enough relationship with the engineering hazing team. Actually if one thinks about it, their entire year from every discipline, got along well. Sam low key suspected that it was because of Kongpob Suthilak. Sure his family background was beyond impressive. But Kongpob had never flaunted the kind of power he had in the university. However something about the way he carried himself, his invincible confidence and the shear magnetism that drew everybody towards him had made him the unofficial leader among his peers. He's the kind of person for whom the crowds parted. Everybody either wanted to be him or wanted to be with him. 

Even now, sitting on a simple chair, Kongpob Suthilak looked so nonchalant and suave. Sam and his team might have taken control and punished the sophomores, but they were under no misconception as to who was in charge. Kongpob Suthilak might look like a gentleman but nobody doubted that he would crush them under his thmb, if crossed. They were in the engineering cafeteria and as such Kongpob Suthilak had the ultimate authority. Officially. And his juniors have stupidly entered the den of the sleeping lion, poked and prodded until the lion is awake, raving mad and ready to kill them all. Because despite the calm and cool expression in his face, Sam could literally feel the arctic cold breeze that seemed radiate from where Kongpob Suthilak sat. So as the leader of arts hazers, he made the best decision for everyone.