"God Tae-" Jungkook rasped, words slightly muffled by his face being placed in the crook of Taehyung's neck, "Don't scare me like that ever again." he spoke, tightening his hold. Taehyung could feel Jungkook's body shake, a couple of sniffles and chokes indicating that for the first time... Jungkook was crying.

Taehyung chuckled as he pulled Jungkook away, watching as the younger wiped his stray tears from his eyes, failing as more began to fall, "Jungkook," he laughed, watching as the male's hair fell over his bloodshot eyes, "I'm out for one day and you're a mess!" 

Jungkook rolled his eyes with a scoff, "Shut up," he groaned, taking Taehyung aback as he grabbed ahold of the male's collar, pulling him in for a kiss. As their lips crashed against one another's it wasn't needy like their last one, but sweet and gentle, and it tasted of tears. Jungkook wanted to speak, but all he could do was croak, "Don't be so reckless, not again." Taehyung's mouth painted into a soft smile and he nod once before folding Jungkook into his arms once more. 

There was a moment of shared silence between the two. A moment for Jungkook to calm down before Taehyung began to ask the real questions, "What happened Kook?" he sighed, watching as Jungkook pulled himself away and sat himself back on the chair at his bedside. 

"Vee deceived us all." he started, cutting right to the chase as he began to explain, "She's with Alpha, and they're after the both of us in search for the cure."

Taehyung's eyes dropped as he let out a groan, "I knew there was something up with her." he mumbled, "I should've been more careful."

Jungkook parted his lips to speak but was interrupted by the sound of the wooden door creaking open as Seokjin entered into the medical bay, "No Taehyung," Jin spoke up, resting his back against the wooden doorframe as he let out a huff, "We all should've been more careful." he began to explain, "We overlooked the possibility that more camps would be after us- after all... if a camp managed to get their hands on the cure, they would become the new leaders." he stated, eyes absentmindedly trailing over to Vee's beside. The female was fast asleep, back turned to the group and head hidden underneath her covers. 

Jungkook clenched his fists, "Damn Vee and her thirst for power."

Jin shook his head as he turned his attention to the younger, "Anyone can turn mad in a world like this, even the kindest of people." he spoke up, watching as Jungkook calmed himself once again. "In other news..." Jin pulled himself away from the door frame, taking a seat beside Jungkook. "I'm going to be discussing a plan of action with Hoseok, just incase we need to flee."

Taehyung frowned as he sat further up in bed, "Why can't we fight?" he complained, "We did pretty well against Delta, and they were the powerhouse camp."

Jin shook his head, "Taehyung, you're badly injured, and Jimin can barely hold a knife right now." he uttered, "Our squad is a mess, which leaves them with the upper hand, they're after you too remember?"

Jungkook's eyes widened in realisation, "Taehyung... you said you know how to create a cure now." he breathed, earning a look of fascination from Jin, "Didn't you?"

Taehyung momentarily averted his gaze from the two male's eyes casting it out the window. The meadow which was covered in a thick layer of ice and snow was beginning to glow pink under the soft rays of the setting sun, a calming sight indeed. Sucking in a breath of air, Taehyung nod, "Yeah... I think I know how to create a cure."

There was a moment of silence between the three males before Jin spoke, "Go on..."

Running a hand stressfully through his bed hair, Taehyung gnawed at the inside of his cheek, "The virus inside Jungkook is completely dormant, I know this because it hasn't been passed onto me after we... you know- kissed." he began to explain, earning a raised brow from Jin. "Something is blocking it completely, so all I have to do is take out some of Jungkook's infected cells and see if they can alter the cells in another persons body."

Jin rose a finger to his chin in contemplation, "If we tried to infect Jungkook's cells, all we have to do is see how they fight off the infection in comparison to a normal person. We need to see if Jungkook's cells can work the same in another person's body, if they can turn the virus dormant."

Taehyung frowned, "Now the question is," Taehyung breathed, 

"who's gonna be the guinea pig?"

--------------------------

{Author Note}

Another update to feed my hungry readers. I can now confirm this story is half way, but seeing as I've pre-written most of it, updates will now be almost daily ;)

(unedited)