Chapter 2

I Think I'm Okay by Machine Gun Kelly and Yungblud

Natasha

We walk into the training area. There was equipment on walls and on the floor. People were fighting or were using the equipment. I saw that they were separated by age. Well that's good. I saw that girls were fighting with guys.

"So what exactly do we do?" I ask Blake. "Well we can get you and Eth used to the equipment while Meg is with Daisy." I nod. Blake wanted our first week to be somewhat easy.

We walk over to a punching bag. "We'll start off with this for a warm up. " Blake instructed us on how to hit the bag correctly. Ethan and I got in fights at school so we got the hang of this. I wouldn't say we were mean, but people just kept bugging us.

After about ten minutes there, we went to where the weights were. We did things to build up our strength.

I still don't get why The Elevated wants us to train if we are supposed to be here cause our parents are gone.

I remember Eth and I always went to the gym with our dad at four in the morning before he left for work. We had been doing it for four years. I smile at the memory.

We started off doing squats with the weights. Blake but on 45 lbs weights on each side plus the bar which is another 45 lbs, so a total of 135 lbs. He knew I could go heavier. I was wobbling a bit.

"Come on I know you have it in you! Get out all the anger!" Blake said. I remembered how our parents just left us, how we are told nothing of what we're doing here, how this looks like freaking Divergent.

There we go I felt myself getting better. "Atta girl. See, I told you that you are better" Blake said. I smirk at him.

"Ok now I'm adding more. Gonna be a total of 180 lbs ok?" I put the bar down and nod. "You can go heavier sis" Ethan says nudging my arm. I smirk, "alright then, put 200 lbs." Blake puts it on and I start doing my squats. "How many little bro?" "Do thirty." I do my thirty in three minutes then put the bar down. "Your turn lil' bro" I smirk. He starts off at 135 lbs just like I did. After about twenty he puts it down and then adds on so he gets 200 lbs. "Let's see you do your thirty in under three minutes" I raise my eyebrow and smirk. He smirks back and goes. I check the time when he's on the last one and... "YES! I won!" I jump up and down. "Only by five seconds gosh" Eth says rolling his eyes.

Bryan, Hunter, and Alex then walk over to us. "Hey what's up guys" Bry says. "Hey Bry" Blake says.

"Hey it's your turn Blake" Eth says with a smirk. "Your turn for what?" Alex asks. "A mini competition" I smirk. "Ooh I want in" Hunter says rubbing his hands together. "We're starting off with 200 lbs and it has to be under three minutes. Nat got three minutes, I got three minutes and five seconds, Blake is next" Eth explains. "Count us in" Alex says. Blake then goes and does his thirty in three minutes... and one second. "Lost to a girl, wow" I say tapping his chest. "Oh shut up" he says hugging me from behind and resting his head on my shoulder. "Hunt you go" Eth says. Hunt does it in three minutes and eight seconds, Alex in three minutes and twenty seconds, and Bry in two minutes and fifty seconds. "Are you kidding me!?" "Sorry I'm just that good." "Cocky much" I roll my eyes. We did this for a couple more hours until it was time for lunch.

I was starving. All that working out really did make me hungry. They served chicken, rice with vegetables, and bread. Even though I don't like chicken that much I still ate it cause I was starving and that's all they had. I don't usually go this long without eating so I didn't care what I ate at this point. "Hungry much" Bry says. "I don't go this long without eating. "She eats a lot" Meg says. "You do to little missy" I say tapping her nose and she giggles.