Her eyes practically were begging me to go and as much as it didn’t sound like an ideal thing for me to do tonight I had to admit, dancing with Ben seemed to have it’s perks so what would the big deal be to just go for a night? I hardly ever do anything fun and I rarely ever get drunk. It could be a good time.  

            “Fine.” I agreed. “But don’t let me get too wasted. I mean I’ve been drunk briefly before, but never that drunk. It’s my first time getting drunk at a club so just please don’t let me go home with some sleazebag, okay?”
            “Girl I wouldn’t ever let you walk out with someone you didn’t know and besides, Ben will be there so I’m almost certain the person you’ll be going home with will be Ben and you’ll finally be cured of your celibate ways.”

            “Should I even ask how you know this bouncer?” I shot back jokingly, my eyebrow arching up at her as I ate another fry.

            “Not important.” She giggled. “But let’s just say I have my ways of getting in there.”

------- 

             As I looked myself over in the mirror I hardly recognized myself. Katherine had told me to dress slutty for a night for once since we were going to a club but the truth was that I didn’t really have anything slutty, at least I didn’t think I did until I remembered the dress Justin had purchased me at that clothing store a couple years back. He originally had said for me only to wear it in the bedroom for him although we never actually got around to it. I felt weird when I put it on because it was honestly way too short for my liking but with a pair of tights and some black booties to match, my outfit seemed to go down a notch to semi-sluttish.

             My hair was in a high ponytail that was gelled back to perfection and I had done a cat-eye with my eyeliner along with some red lipstick. I really honestly haven’t taken this much time on my appearance in I don’t know how long and when Ben saw me I think his jaw almost dropped open to the floor. He was dressed in something similar that he wore to olive garden the previous night, which was funny to me because I don’t really think it’s the type of thing you wear to clubs but Ben didn’t know any better and I liked that. It means he’s not the player type.

            “Ready to go?”

I smiled and grabbed my clutch that was sitting on the counter before my eyes wandered over to Katherine. She was wearing a tight red mini and she honestly looked slutty. Sorry, but even she said that’s what she was going for. I think she achieved that but I kind of did as well. If it weren’t for these tights underneath my dress I’d be classified as a whore.

            “I think all of the eyes are going to be on you tonight.” Ben noted. “No offense Katherine.”

            “Non-taken.” She joked back. “She does clean up pretty nice.”

            “Well thank you both but as for your comment Ben, the only guys eyes I want to be on me tonight are yours.”

-------- 

             When my boots hit the sidewalk outside of the club all I could hear was the raging music and the groupies surrounding the entrance to try and get in. I could smell chicken wings from a bar across the street and the faint sound of throwing up from a nearby alley. This club certainly didn’t have much appeal to it but it was supposedly one of the best ones in the city so I guess I’ll give it a chance for Katherine, who seemed too giddy even to speak that she was here. We were total opposites but that’s what made us work I guess.