"stop dragging me. i can walk, you know?" he says angrily. chantelle lets go of him and sighs, annoyed.

"well, walk faster." she says glaring at him. he sighs and tries to catch up with them.

"you're both like way bigger than me.. like look at him, he's so tall." simon says staring at liam. liam chuckles.

"just stop talking and hurry up." chantelle sneers. simon pouts and continues to speed up.

they make it to ashton primary school by 8:25.

"have a nice day." she says fixing his curly hair. simon smiles at the two of them and walks off. "oh and don't do anything stupid!"

simon looks back and glares at her. she waves at him, sweetly. liam chuckles and drags chantelle away from the gate.

"let's go."

"are you going to be my tour guide?" chantelle asks looking up at liam. he shakes his head.

"nope, rachel is." he says as they walk up to the desk. "but don't miss me too much."

she snorts and rolls her eyes. her attention turns towards the woman sitting at the desk.

she printing out a few timetables. she glances up at the two students. her face turns from gloomy to sickly sweet.

"hi, how may i help you?" she says her voice high. liam clears his throat.

"she needs her timetable." he says clearly. chantelle leans over the desk and sees her name on one of the sheets of paper.

"that's mine." she says pointing to the paper. the woman looks at it and then back at her.

"chantelle walker?" she asks raising an eyebrow. chantelle nods with a small smile. the woman hands it to her and gives her a small journal to put it in.

"have a nice first day." the woman says turning away. chantelle nods and follows liam.

"where's rachel?" chantelle asks looking down the corridor. liam shrugs.

"i don't know." he says walking away towards the . she goes to follow him but liam stops her. "wait here."

chantelle stops and goes back to where she was. she watches as liam walks down the corridor staring at his phone screen.

the sound of heels clacking against the ground force chantelle to turn around. she sees rachel rushing towards her.

rachel is wearing a light pink blazer with a matching light pink pencil skirt. she's wearing a black button up blouse underneath the blazer. her black kitten heels are still clacking against the ground echoing in the silent halls.

her straight blonde hair is in a high ponytail. her small hoops dangle from her ears. her makeup is a lot more subtle than it was at liam's party. her red handbag clutched between her fingers.

she looks amazing.

"i feel so underdressed." she says with a small smile. rachel laughs.

"that's okay.. it's your first day." rachel says coolly. chantelle follows her as she walks ahead.

"pass me your timetable." she orders, strictly. chantelle does as she's told. rachel flips it over to show a map.

"there are many different buildings," she explains showing the map to chantelle. "but it's colour coded so that it's easier to understand."

"grey is the main building, which is where we are right now. we've got the maths corridor on your far left, english in the middle and science on the far right." she says showing chantelle through each subject.

"most of your classes will be in the red and blue buildings." rachel says looking towards her. "let's go there first."

"okay." chantelle agrees following behind rachel. they pass all the the grey building and walk through a red door.

"this is the red building we have economics and statistics on the left, business in the middle and law on the right." rachel says guiding her. she looks at chantelle with a gleam in her light blue eyes.

"it looks like i'll be in most of your classes too." she says smiling. chantelle sighs in relief.

"thank god." chantelle says looking up at her. rachel laughs and continues the tour.

"the blue door is on the left near economics, so you just walk through here." she explains. they walk through a blue door this time.

"this is the blue building. we have phycology on the right, sociology in the middle and anthropology on the left." rachel says calmly. chantelle looks up at her, surprised.

"that was a mouthful." she says smiling. rachel nods and beckons her over to a black door.

"this door leads you to the canteen." rachel says peaking in. "the cooks are just preparing our meals."

"right." chantelle says looking down at the map. "what about the yellow building?"

"oh right. we have to go back to the grey building." she says dragging chantelle with her.

they rush towards the grey building. the receptionist is no longer there.

"here is the yellow building." she says as they walk through the yellow building. "you don't have any classes in here but liam does art here."

"really?" chantelle says surprised. rachel nods.

"art is on the left and music is on the right." rachel says looking around.

"he should be in there right now actually." rachel says checking the time.

chantelle moves closer to one of the large windows and looks in. she can see all the students working, carefully. her eyes flicker towards the back of the classroom and she sees him.

what is he doing?

liam is sitting there with a slouch, trying to get something together. he looks up for a second and sees chantelle looking in. he looks at her.

she smiles and sticks her tongue out at him. he chuckles at her childish behaviour.

she's so silly.

"let's go." rachel says pulling on her shirt. chantelle looks away, a small smile still on her chocolate brown face.

she looks back and smiles at liam. he waves at her. she opens her mouth to speak but it only comes out as a small, quiet whisper.

"bye, liam."