continued...

V

"I'm Seamus" Seamus said, "the crew will be 'ere soon" he said.

     "Good. So, what are yer job, Seamus?", Liz asked.

     "Rigger. An' makin' sure the ship is fine to sail". Seamus said.

    "Aye, tis good we're in safe 'ands" Meg said.

    "Sure, no' many ladies 'ere" Seamus said, as if he never saw any in his short three year career as a Sailor.

     "Well, we do travel. We 'ave familiy in Ireland an' we need to get away. After The Anger of the Vampires in 1826, Father and Mother said that tis was too dangerous to travel. The Village was overrun by Vampires...and we headed to Scotland for a holiday. It ended up bein' 5 years or so. 'Opefully, everything's died down" Liz said.

       "Well, nothing's 'appened-yet. Tho rumor 'as it that Vampire Prince Carnavan 'as escaped and is on one of the other ships: The London Gust with Capain Jolly. But that is a rumor. Scotland Yard Detectives are looking for 'im" Seamus said.

       'SEAMUS! YER WORKIN' OR  GOSSIPING! AN' STOP BEING ROMANTIC WITH THE LADIES! PLENTY O' TIME FER THAT! BACK TER WORK!" Captain Klen yelled.

       "AYE, CAPTAIN! EXCUSE ME, LADIES! I'LL TAKE YER TO YER CHAMBERS!" Seamus said.

     He grabbed their brown luggage.

    "O'er 'ere, Ladies! If yer needin' anythin', let me know. There's two bunks, a toilet, and brown curtains fer privacy...an' a bath!", Seamus added.

     "Thank you!", Meg and Liz said.

     And, as they closed behind them, Seamus went about his own work.

****

Page 7