Chapter 18

The rest of the day went fast. Everyone in the guild was finally asleep, all except for one. Luke couldn't sleep making him get up and sigh.

It felt weird for him to be awake and watch everyone sleeping in silence. Luke stood up and walked to the library wondering if he could figure out a way to track down his sister.

By the time he got there he saw a familiar blond haired girl. He hid behind the doors leaving it open a bit, his eyes widened in realization.

It was Lucy.

Why is she up? He asked himself. Luke shook his head and decided to watch Lucy for a bit. About 10 minutes passed and Luke sighed pushing the library doors open.

He entered, his footsteps echoed in the large room. Lucy raised her head and averted her gaze from the book she was reading and saw Luke look left and right.

"Luke? What are you doing here?" She asked looking at the blonde in slight shock. Luke looked at Lucy and grinned, "i couldn't sleep so i decided to see if i could read and go to sleep when i feel tired." He answered.

Lucy smiled and realised something. That grin... almost seems like... Lucy then mentally slapped herself. She felt her cheeks go hot. Snap out of it, Lucy! There's no way i can be thinking about... him. She thought.

"Umm... are you alright, Lucy-san?" Luke asked tilting his head to the side and cocking an eyebrow. Lucy shook her head and smiled, "yeah, I'm just getting a bit tired." She answered.

Lucy then closed the book and stood up she put the book back where she found it and smiled, "don't stay up too late ok?" She asked facing the blond.

Luke grinned, "don't worry!" Luke reassured and went to one of the shelves while Lucy left. "Don't worry, mom." Luke muttered to himself.

Back to the Future
Natsu stared at the ground for a veeeeery long time, "Natsu? Natsu?! Natsu! NATSU!!!" A certain blonde yelled into the dragon slayers ear.

Natsu flinched and fell off his chair, he grunted in pain, "owww! Luuuuce! That huuuurt!" He whined clutching his head.

Lucy smiled, "oh come on, Natsu," She said and helped her husbandu up. "Your fine." She said and Natsu grinned.

"Thanks Luce." He said.

Natsu then turned to look at Levy, Cana and everyone else who were either looking at books and trying to figure out pieces to put together. "How's it coming along?" Natsu asked.

"Its going pretty good," Levy answered taking off her reading glasses. "If we continue at this pace we should be able to get this Portal Time Machine working within the week." Erza explained.

Natsu nodded, "that's great!" Natsu exclaimed.

I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, dad

Nashi was kidnapped

Luke's words echoed through his mind and Natsu frowned. Lucy quickly noticed this, "hey, why don't we all take a break? We've all been working really hard." She suggested.

Mira clapped her hands, "great! I baked this strawberry cake and some chocolate muffins! Plus some sake for all!" She said with a big bright smile.

"Thanks--... wait... how the hell did you manage to make these while helping us?" Laxus asked approaching his wifu.

"CUZ I'M A UNICORN!!" Mira yelled and ran out the guild doors followed by Laxus who was carrying a chair.

A minute later Laxus came back carrying the chair above his head with Mira sitting on the chair.

Everyone in the guild sweat dropped.

"I'm surprised Nova isn't weird like her mother," Macao muttered smoking a cigarette. "Don't worry dad, I'm sure she will be like that." An older Romeo said.

"Wendy! Come join us!" Erza said gesturing for the now grown up sky dragon slayer. Wendy smiled and approached them, "i hope we get his done soon." She said.

"Don't worry, besides flame brain used his brain *cough* for once *cough* to figure out a way to contact the little trouble makers." Gray said.

"Speaking of Natsu, where is he?" Erza asked looking around the guild. "And Lucy-san." Wendy added.

Meanwhile with Natsu and Lucy who were up on the second floor, "ok Natsu, what is it?" Lucy asked facing the salmon haired dragon slayer with a stern look.

"W-What do you mean, Luce?" Natsu asked a little shocked.

"Don't avoid the subject, Natsu," Lucy said in irritation. "You've been a bit down every since you came in contact with Luke and the others." She stated.

Natsu looked away, "Lucy," Natsu began looking at Lucy sternly. "I think you'd need to sit down for a bit."

Lucy slightly nodded and sat down next to Natsu, "when Luke and I were talking i had a feeling something was wrong... afterall i never did talk to Nashi." He started.

"So once everyone finished talking to them i talked to Luke and he said... that," Natsu paused. "Nashi was kidnapped." He finished.

Lucy gasped, "what?!" She exclaimed in shock.

"Don't worry, he's probably already trying to find a way to find her." Natsu stated calmly.

Lucy looked down, "i hope your right, Natsu." She said. Natsu stood up and hugged Lucy, "hey, they're going to be alright. Afterall they are our kids." He said with a proud smile.

She smiled a little and Natsu grinned, "now come on. I don't wanna miss out on that cake and those muffins!" He exclaimed and took Lucy by her hand going down the stairs to join the others.

Back to the Past
Luke flipped through pages of a book. There has to be a way to find them! He thought in desperation.

I will find you, Nashi. He thought. I'm not about to give all because i failed you. You may be my big sister... but, i made a promise to dad that i would protect you, even if it kills me. He sighed.

Luke closed the book. I'm so sorry, Nashi. He thought and new nothing more.