Part 20

Harry and Scott take Louis statement the next day and head into work to lodge it before they are finishing up for two weeks. They want to be able to care for Louis while He's still recovering, Louis knows he's not allowed to get out of bed while the boys aren't home, but he really wanted a drink, he's just getting a bottle of water from the fridge when Harry and Scott walk in. They are both a little preoccupied and Harry seems tense.

"We can't leave you alone for a few hours without you rebelling can we" Scott asks seriously.

"I was just getting a drink" Louis says shyly.

"We put a bottle next to your bed before we left" Harry says firmly.

"It wasn't cold anymore" Louis says

He senses something is wrong but he doesn't know what.

"Louis, seriously... this is serious, your injuries are serious, it would be great if you would listen to us when we tell you to do something" Harry says upset.

"We don't ask a lot Lou" Scott then says and Louis feels so guilty.

"Is everything okay?" Louis asks nervously.

Harry pinches the bridge of his nose

"We're sorry, we just...want you safe" Harry says breathing in and out.

"Safe? I am" Louis says.

Scott and Harry share a look.

"What, What's going on?" Louis asks concerned,

Harry sighs, there is no use keeping things from Louis, he'll find out sooner or later.

"We found out some things today at work, and we're not sure exactly what they mean" Scott says.

"Why type of things?" Louis asks swallowing hard.

Scott and Harry look at each other and sight.

"Jax pulled up some CCTV footage of a man delivering coffees to the office, obviously no one thought anything of it because we get coffee deliveries every single day" Harry says.

"Okay" Louis says, he knows this, Noah gets one every morning too.

"What's unusual though is that.....the note that was left on your desk with Tony Bosch's address was from the coffee guy, we've looked into it and.....turns out, he's been following you, we don't know why but it's been happening even before your first day at work. Jax and his team found footage of him lurking around the training academy, behind the fences and also outside our building" Scott says.

Louis goes pale, he's being stalked by someone, this doesn't even make sense, he doesn't understand.

"We've linked him back to a guy called Troy Austin, Scott and I have had our eye on him for years, we didn't put the two together until now but, it's Troy Austin, who was sent to jail 13 years ago for attempting to harm his ex wife and her son" Harry says carefully,

Louis swallows hard.....that's his dad.

"Whhhhaaatttt?" Louis asks.

"Troy is involved in a huge money laundering scheme that we've been working on for the past year, he's clever and we can't pin him completely, we're biding our time, getting our evidence together. But now.....he knows you're working at the station and you're in a relationship with Scott and I" Harry explains.

"Tony was working for Troy and while Rhys and Cody were working on bringing Tony down, we discovered he's part of a much bigger ring...thing is, we don't know why Troy outed Tony, there's a much bigger plan...we think" Scott says.

"Sooooo my dad...it's my dad?" Louis asks confused.

"We're afraid so darling" Harry says.

"Does he want me? Or....like what does he want?" Louis asks. He still can't understand or comprehend what's happening.

"We don't know what he wants but we will find out Lou, we won't let anything happen to you" Scott says.

"You think something will happen to me?" Louis asks.

"We don't know what it all means, but we won't take any chances" Harry says determinedly.

"Does everyone know he's my dad?" Louis asks upset.

Harry and Scott both sigh.

"Everyone who's working on the case, alongside us knows, yes" Harry says sympathetically.

"Oh my god" Louis says, he's wanted to be in this job for so long, now everyone is going to hate him, think he's a crook too.

"No one thinks any differently of you Louis" Harry says sternly

"How can they not, I'm his blood, he's a criminal" Louis says.

"Louis he was never in your life, you're nothing like him" Scott says determinedly.

"I think I'm going to pass out" Louis says as he grips the counter tightly, knuckles turning white.

Harry and Scott are next to Louis in a second holding him close.

"Listen to us okay, no one cares he's your dad, all anyone cares about is something happening to one of our own, a target on one of us brings our family at the bureau even closer together. You're one of us Lou and we will be dammed if anything happens to you" Harry says gently.

Louis feels a little better at Harry's statement as he tries to breathe and remain upright, he holds on to Harry and Scott closely, not knowing what he's supposed to do.

.....

"Is he asleep?" Harry asks as Scott comes into the lounge after putting Louis to bed.

"Zonked out completely" Scott says as he takes a seat next to Harry.

"What's our next step?" Scott then wonders.

Harry sighs.

"We need to focus on Louis and his recovery first, he's safe here with us so we need to focus on him" Harry says.

"And when we go back to work?" Scott asks

"We just do our job Scotty, we protect Louis and do our job" Harry responds

They share a heated kiss and go to make Louis some lunch, trying to put everything behind them to focus on getting Louis better.