Part 18

The following night Louis begins to stir, Harry and Scott haven't left Louis side at all.

Scott buzzes Andy and Harry and he both race to Louis side, Louis is choking and the boys begin to worry.

"He's choking" Scott says as the nurses come into the room, followed by Andy.

"It's okay, it means he's waking up, he's breathing on his own" Andy says

They watch as the nurses remove the tube from Louis throat and replace it with oxygen tubes in his nose.

Louis doesn't like that and reaches up to pull them out.

"Hey kiddo, relax for us, those are helping you" Andy says as he gently moves Louis hand away.

Louis relaxes a little, his eyes feel like led and he doesn't want to open them. He's in pain and just wants to go back to sleep.

"Louis, baby, can you open your eyes for us" Louis hears Scott ask, he then feels large hands stroking his hair and he knows they are Harry's, he opens his eyes slowly.

"Hi darling" Harry smiles down at Louis.

Louis groans and the boys chuckle.

"Welcome back kiddo" Andy says.

"You okay?" Scott asks gently.

"I'm sore" Louis says.

"You will be for a while Lou, I'll give you some pain relief" Andy says.

He turns the the nurse, requesting a certain drug for Louis, she nods and leaves the room.

Louis is so tired and just wants to go back to sleep, he then remembers Lacey.

"Lacey, is she....is she okay?" Louis suddenly asks worried.

"She okay, she's fine. She's stayed overnight but she's perfectly fine and left to go home yesterday" Harry reassures Louis.

"Thanks to you Lou, you saved her life" Andy says.

Louis smiles slightly, thank god she's okay.

"You've found a little friend in her Lou, she's attached, we had to pry her off you kicking and screaming when we found you both" Scott chuckles.

"She's been to visit already and she promises to come back when you're awake" Harry says,

Louis chuckles slightly.

"How are you feeling Lou, where is your pain" Andy then asks turning serious.

"My chest and shoulder" Louis says.

"Do you remember what exactly Happened" Andy asks as he checks Louis eyes with his light.

"Um, it's blurry, I got shot and we ran to the woods, it was cold and I tried to keep Lacey awake and warm but I think I fell asleep, I remember not being able to breathe" Louis says.

"We had to remove the bullet from your shoulder and give you a blood transfusion, you won't be able to use it for a few months. You've got a few broken ribs and had another asthma attack, you've got pneumonia too" Andy tells Louis.

"So, I'm not allowed to go home then?" Louis asks sarcastically.

"No way, you're staying here as long as necessary" Harry says dominantly.

"You scared us Lou, we thought we'd lost you" Scott says seriously.

"I'm sorry" Louis says.

Harry and Scott sigh and kiss Louis on the head, just thankful they have him back.

The nurse then enters the room and hands Andy some pain relief.

"Okay kiddo this is going to send you to sleep again, your body needs rest" Andy says.

"Will you stay?" Louis asks Harry and Scott.

"We haven't left yet and we don't plan to baby" Harry says.

Louis nods and drifts off to sleep, his body exhausted.

....

A few hours later, Harry and Scott are just finishing up lunch next to Louis bed. He's been coughing in his sleep for the last few hours and it's getting a little worse. Andy walks in to check on Louis in that moment,

"What's wrong?" Harry asks.

"Lucy just notified me Louis oxygen stats are dropping" Andy says.

Louis starts coughing once again and struggling to breathe.

"What does that mean?" Scott asks as he and Harry stand up and come next to Louis side.

"It means he's either having another asthma attack or there is fluid on his lungs" Andy says

The boys look on worried as Louis starts to wheeze heavily in his sleep.

"Louis, buddy, can you wake up for me" Andy gently asks Louis

They get no response.

"Louis darling, can you wake up for us" Harry then tries as he kisses Louis on the head.

Louis stirs and opens his eyes, he feels really light headed and sick.

"That's a good boy Lou" Scott says.

"Listen Lou, you're not breathing as well as I'd like, I just want to sit you up a little and see if we can get it under control" Andy says.

Louis is scared but Harry helps Andy sit Louis up, it hurts so much though.

"Aghhh" Louis says as he's sat in a sitting position.

"It's okay Lou, you're doing so well" Scott says.

His shoulder is aching and the sling is constricting his movements. His chest and ribs are so sore

"I need to lie down, I can't.....it hurts" Louis says as he holds back his sobs.

"I know kiddo, I'm sorry, I'll get you comfortable but I need to keep you sitting up" Andy says.

Harry then gets in the bed behind Louis, he pulls Louis against his chest and Louis relaxes on Harry. He still sitting up but he's resting on Harry which helps his pain immensely.

"I gotcha baby, just relax on me, I've gotcha" Harry says.

Louis does relax and Andy gives him more pain relief and switches his regular oxygen tubes out and give him a mask instead. Harry helps hold it to Louis face and Louis begins to breathe better.

"Good job Lou" Scott says as he holds Louis hand.

"That's it Lou, your doing much better" Andy says.

Louis drifts off to sleep and Andy requests to keep Louis sitting up from now on, Harry and Scott end up switching out positions with each other every few hours. They love having Louis in their arms and can't wait to get him home again.