43. WARMING UP

Jin's POV

So it's true. It's Hobi. He already sensed that we knew already that he's messing with us and now he wants me to face him. No Taehyung and Namjoon.

"Jin! You don't have to. I know I said that I should not treat you as a weak link but please you have a baby! You need to protect your baby. Let the league take care if that. Let us take cre of that."

After reading the letter, Taehyung immediately pleaded to me that I should just let this pass. He even convinced Yoongi and Jungkook to reason out with me.

"He's right hyung. Take care of that baby first and we'll take care of Hoseok. You are an equivalent of two lives. We can't risk it."

I sighed, I thought I just told Taehyung not take me as a fragile human being but here they are again doing the same thing over and over again.

"Kookie, I know that I'm pregnant. I'm very aware of that. But that doesn't mean I'm not capable of doing what you do. I was also trained and I know what I can do and not. Please, just for once, listen to me!

And we are not going to follow Hobi's orders. I'll bring you all with me. It was not stated when we should face him, but we should be aware all the time. He's a cunning man. We don't know what's going on in his head. And about my baby, it's just three months I can still train and prepare myself for the battle. Other agents do it, so why can't I? And if I remember it correctly there is a device that helps pregnant agents to safely secure their babies. I could use one of those."

I turned to Yoongi, "Am I right? Is there one? Is it still available?"

"No, there's none. The pill you are talking about was taken down by the league as it didn't really have much effect. The agents just have to make sure they secure the baby. But you can go on training if you are not sensitive."

"Yoongi! I told you we should stop him! Why are you agreeing with him?" Taehyung yelled at Yoongi.

"Watch your mouth. I'm older than you!"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. But we should stop him! It's not safe. There's a high chance of him being hurt."

I get that he is worried but I think this is too much.

"Taehyung, I know you're worried about Jin hyung, but please trust him on this one, we'll be there to back him up. If something happens the initial plan should be making sure he is safe. He's right. He's trained for this. He knows what he's doing."

I smiled at Yoongi. Thank goodness there is someone who can understand me.

"But-"

I held his hands and squeeze it gently. "Tae, I'll be safe. You're there. I know you won't let anything bad happen to me and our baby. It's inevitable for me to get hurt. They will harm me in any way and it will lead to this. Meeting Hobi face to face. I just need to train again and it should start as soon as possible."

======

Taehyung's POV

He really seemed determined and it looks like I can't stop him.

"Okay. I'll agree and we are all coming with you."

Everything is settled and we all agreed that Jimin should stay in the league's safe house to avoid being targeted by the Triad he will be placed in a house together with Iris and her fiancé.

I went to the room where I keep all my weapons. It's been a long time since we've used them and I can't believe the reality that I will be about to kill someone again. Never have I thought that I would cone back to this kind of life, but for Jin I'll do it. The thing that messes up with my mind is that why would Hobi do this? What have we done to make him betray us?

"Hey ..."

I turned around and saw Jin walking towards me.

"What are you doing? Getting ready already?" He teased me a little bit and I just smiled at him.

"Yes. We need to. I can't be so sure. It feels like anytime I might lose you." I confessed to him. Everything feels like the first time. Everything is all Brand New.

"You won't lose me. None of us will lose something." He whispered to me. His voice is comforting as it seemed to lift up weights on my shoulders.

=====

Tomorrow came and we all went to the League's training room. We are greeted by Jin's mother and accompanied us inside. The training room is just a typical one, a spacious wooden floor. This is used for hand to hand combat. So I guess we'll start here first.

"Jin, you should warm up first. Condition yourself. We'll not go hard today, I'll let someone guide you along the way. As much as I want to personally train you, duty calls and I need to leave." Jin's mom told him before kissing his cheeks and headed outside when Jin called her.

"Can Yoongi or anyone of us just guide me? I'm uncomfortable with other people."

"Well, okay, Eos, you train my son. Of all the four of you, you are the only one who's been actively participating in the league. Just be careful as he is pregnant."

Jungkook nodded, "Yes, Mrs. Kim."

As much as I want to protest and tell her I should be the one helping Jin, she is right. We have rested for quite a while so our skills are not that great. I can't be bratty this time. There's only one thing I can do.

"Can we join too?" I voiced out my thoughts. We needed to be stronger, all of us as a team. And also, to watch over Jin. Even if Jungkook loves Jimin I just can't help myself.

She smiled at me and me and nodded her head, "Of course." She went of the room and the four of us is left here.

"Let's not waste time, let's start."

Thankfully, we chose to wore comfortable clothes so it would be easier for us to move our bodies. We started to do squats, push ups, leg lifts and pull ups. Afterwards, we went outside and ran for a good 30 minutes before taking a break to catch our breath.

"Jin hyung, can you still go on? Or you want to rest now and the three of us continue?" Jungkook inquired.

"I can. We're just conditioning ourselves, there's nothing much done yet. I'm not tired."

"Are you sure Jin? You should not push yourself too much, okay?" I know he has such strong mentality and won't give up just easily but we are all worried.

"I know. Now let's start running again. And we'll start a sparring battle." With that he ran ahead of us and we followed. After another hour of running my legs are trembling, my muscles will hurt later that's for sure. But as I look at Jin, he seemed not tired at all. And there is this feeling again, that he is a changed person since he started to remember who he really is.

When I remember the old version of Jin, I can only think of rainbows and unicorns, he's someone you'll have the urge to protect, but now, he looks so different, he became another persona, like someone who doesn't need anyone to protect him because he can handle himself. I was pulled out of my trance when Jungkook spoke.

"Guys, let's get back to the training room. Let's rest for 10 minutes and we'll start our sparring."

=====

We walked back inside and I slumped down in the corner. Jin went to me and rested his head on my shoulder. I put my arm around him and wiped his sweat using my towel. He just hummed in response and leaned his body closer to me. We just sat there, holding each other's hand silently praying that all of this will be over soon.