Chapter 8- Astronomy Tower

Running passed students and teachers; I was hexing any Death Eater that managed to cross my path. Where could those boys be? I didn't have a clue where they could be; they could literally be anywhere. Turning the corner I managed to catch them being cornered by three Death Eaters; and it looked like they were winning too. I quickly jumped behind a statue before anyone saw me and pointed my wand at one Death Eater in particular who was trying to get a land on George. That's when I noticed how battered they looked; George had a cut that ran down his eye brow to the beginning of his cheek; his hair was messy and had pieces of rubble suck to him. But what was most concerning was the gash on his chest that started on one side and ended on the under just before his armpit. Fred wasn't as bad; he had one bad cut on his hand but other than that there were just a couple of bruises and scrapes that littered his arms and face.

I focused on the one Death Eater and whispered a curse as quiet as possible.

"Diffingo" why not use the same spell that Mr. Malfoy used on me? The spell struck him in the back as he flew to the wall; crumpling to the ground. The other two Death Eaters looked in my direction; lifting their wands towards me. But before any of them could try and say a spell they were both knocked unconscious by the twins; who managed to grab two large pieces of cement and smash it against their heads. I came out of my hiding spot and ran to them; hugging George first; making sure that I didn't touch any of his wounds.

"George, Fred, I'm so glad I found you. What happened to your chest? And your face?' one had went just under the cut on his chest while my other hand stroked his cheek; he winced lightly but didn't pull away. He looked down before grabbing my hand, lifting up and showing my arm; which seemed to have gotten worse. The cut didn't want to stop bleeding; it must've been deeper than I thought; but with all the adrenaline I couldn't feel it. Looking back I could see drops of blood that followed my every step up until now.

"What happened to you?" I've never seen George look so worried before; I just shrugged at him and tugged my hand away from his; my arm going limp to my side.

"Had a run-in with Draco's father; I soon found out that he didn't like me very much. It's fine though I can't even feel it" he shook his head at me in disbelief,

"Eb that looks really bad; you need to go see Madam-"

"-I'm fine George, I'm not going to see anyone until this damn war is over. Now come on, it looks like most of the Death Eaters are either on the first floor or at the entrance." Before he could reply I took both Fred and George's hands and ran back down from where I came from. Going down towards the main entrance by the Great Hall was scarier than I thought; Students where all over the ground; a couple stood out to me, Lavender Brown, Padma Partil, Colin Creevey. All of them were in Gryffindor, I had been in the common room with Harry, Hermione and Ron countless times to the point where I knew everyone by name. I didn't really see any Slytherin's though, a lot of them must be at home or fighting on Voldemorts side. I looked to my left and saw Blaise, Pansy and Draco fighting off two Death Eaters; when I looked closer I realized that they were Pansy's parents; what is it with kids having to fight against their parents? Without telling George or Fred I ran off towards my friends, not paying attention to my name being called by the two red heads.

"Pansy! Draco! Blaise!" I screamed; catching everyone's attention; including Mr and Mrs. Parkinson.

"Ah Ms. Riddle, nice to see you again" Once I stood beside Pansy I saw that Mr and Mrs. Parkinson didn't show the same kindness towards me; they knew who's side I was on.

"It's Reed Mr and Mrs. Parkinson, I don't take after his last name" they narrowed their eyes and pointed their wands towards me.

"Such a shame, you would've made a great Death Eater beside your father" I scrunched up my nose and scoffed,