Chapter 3-Difficult Sortings

Entry #28

The Leaky Cauldren

Saturday September 1st, 1998

10:00AM

Dear Diary,

As I'm writing this I would've already finished packing my bags for Hogwarts. Originally Dumbledore was supposed to pick me up but he got called in last minute so now someone named Snape is coming to pick me up. They told me to be ready by 10:15AM and I'm probably going to be done before then; it shouldn't take me that long to write in this journal.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect from this place; I don't know any students there so they couldn't tell me what to avoid and what to look forward to this year.

I hope that I make friends though, it's going to be lonely for me if I can't make friends for the next 2 years in this school. I was told by Dumbledore before he left that because I'm 16 I start in my 5th year; it's going to be hard at first since I don't know anything but with a bit of hard work I should be able to catch up. Apparently there are houses too; I forget the names of most of them but I do remember Ravenclaw and Slytherin; Dumbledore says that they put a sorting hat on our heads and it decides which house is for us.

Looking at the clock beside me it's already 10:10AM so I should pack this before Snape shows up.

Until next time,

10:10AM

Ebony

I closed my journal and placed it in my bag; zipping up the zipper and throwing it over my shoulder. I grabbed my two suitcases and rolled them out of the room with me as I shut and locked the door. I walked down the steps and by the time I made it down I still had a minute to spare.

Right as the clock struck 10:15 a man in a black robe strolled in the Leaky Cauldren. He had shoulder length black hair that looked a bit greasy, pale skin and black coal eyes. He didn't show any emotion on his face but I knew that he recognized me. He stare at each other before he turned and walked out; assuming that I would follow him. I quickly picked up my bags again and followed him outside where he was already standing on the other side of the road.

"Hurry up, you don't want to be late. The train leaves at exactly eleven o'clock" his voice held as much emotion as his face did; absolutely none. But, unlike most it didn't bother me. He kind of reminded me of how I acted at the orphanage for the longest time before I decide to try and change for good.

"Okay" I smiled which he seemed surprised at but he quickly hid it with a sneer and held an arm out to me which I took. I felt that same summer-salt feeling in my stomach before it stopped and we were in front of the Londan train station.

"I didn't know you could go to Hogwarts from here" I saw him roll his eyes as he walked ahead of me inside.

"That's because it's hidden; we can't have any muggles accidently stumbling onto our train and exposing our world" when he said Muggle his nose twisted up and his mouth twitched into a frown.

"Do you have a problem with Muggles?" he sneered once again and looked down at me,

"As a professor I deal with many mugglborn, half-blood and pure so I cannot have a 'problem' with anyone" I quirked a brow up at him.

"You didn't answer my question"

"You ask way too many questions" I huffed and turned to the left; looking around I saw a bunch of redheads running by; one of them turned and looked at me; giving me a smile and winking before disappearing. I blinked and turned back but didn't think nothing of it afterwards. We finally stopped in front of a brick wall between platforms 9 and 10.