Chapter 7- Encounter with Mr and Mrs. Malfoy

"Ebony run" before I could reply Neville took hold of my wrist as we broke out into a sprint. I could hear the cries of Death Eaters behind us; curses being sent our way. We knew that this was going to happen but we didn't expect it to happen while we were on the bridge. we should've left as soon as the first spell hit the barrier.

We saw our friends hollering our names in a panic, I could see Ginny and Luna's faces filled with worry, Seamus and Dean waving us to go faster with their hands.

That's when I realized, if we made it back than Hogwarts won't stand a chance. There were way too many Death Eaters, more than students and teachers at Hogwarts who were fighting. So, at the last minute I ripped my wrist from Neville's as I slowed down to a jog. He turned and looked at me, confused as to what I was doing.

"Ebony what are you doing? Come on before they catch up!" I only smiled before pointing my wand at one of the bombs; his eyes widened.

"Ebony no-"

"Incendio!" fire shot out from my wand and managed to hit one of the matches. I started running but Neville was already far ahead of me. Not long after the bomb went off, it started setting off the others. I heard cries of terror from all around me as the bridge rumbled from underneath us. Neville had just made it to the other side, now encouraging me to run faster. But even if I did I didn't think I was going to make it.

One more bomb went off and that was it, I heard the wood crack and looked behind me, seeing the beginning of the bridge tip downwards; bringing the last remaining Death Eaters down with them. I felt the adrenaline run threw my veins as I made a last attempt to jump once the bridge caught up with me. Feeling the wood cave from under me I manage to grab onto one of the ropes that used to hold a part of the structure before I fell with the rest of the Death Eaters. I noticed that some of them were smart enough to aparate to the other side, others weren't so lucky.

I heard a crack and realized that I needed to get out of here before I did fall. I gripped the rope and used some wood that was still attached to the rock and began to climb my way up. I could hear my friends screaming my name, but I was so out of breath that I couldn't reply; I needed to save my energy.

Finally, I lifted my hand and felt flat ground. Having a small amount of adrenaline left in me I hoisted myself up and threw my body onto the other side. I was exhausted to say the least; and before long my friends were all circling me, helping me to my feet.

"Don't scare us like that Eb we thought you died!" I hugged Ginny, Seamus, Luna and Dean before laughing to myself. I almost had died didn't I? it's such a surreal thing; you think that you have so many years left to live and then an incident like this happens to you that really opens your eyes to reality that yeah ; we really could die at any moment.

"Come on, we've got a war to win" trying to change the subject; only for a spell to wiz past my head. We turned and saw five Death Eaters facing us; all with menacing grins on their faces.

"Oh hello" I said before raising my wand as well,

"Suplify!"

"Avada Kadavra!"

"protecto!"

"Reducto!"

"Diffingo!"

"Expelliarmus!"one by one all of the Death Eaters dropped to the floor in front of us. It made me realize how grateful we were that Harry was able to teach us defensive spells back in fifth year.

"I have to go find your brothers Gin, make sure to stick together, you're stronger when you're a team" they nodded and I ran off towards the castle. But not before noticing Neville grabbing onto Luna's hand. Once I got there I saw that the war was in full motion, people were already scattered across the grounds; and I hated to see how many of them were students. At the corner of my eye I saw someone hunched over a person; a man that seemed to be eating a students neck. I quickly hexed him and sent him across the room where he fell unconscious. Looking closer I covered my mouth before I could gasp; there in front of me seemed to be a first year who didn't make it to the ROR in time. Thoughts flashed before me as I thought of what his parents must be thinking by now, do they think he's safe? What are they goint to think when they try to come and take him home? I don't even want to think about the death list that's going to be written and said after this.