Chapter 8- Almost an Accident

Entry #47

Hogwarts School

Monday December 19th, 1998

4:00PM

Dear Diary,

I know I already wrote earlier but I decided to again because of how much has happened today. First off I wanted to say that Blaise and I are the best of friends. We've been hanging out all day and even sat in most classes together. I've never met a person who acts so similar to me; we have the same interests and everything! He's also the first person I told about my friends in Gryffindor. After talking with Fred and George he had asked me about it; I couldn't lie or make up an excuse because he literally just saw me talking and getting along with two Gryffindors. So I told him about my friendship with Harry, Hermione, Ron and a bunch of other Gryffindors.

I told him how I actually have more friends in Gryffindor than I do in Slytherin. He even asked me how I was in Slytherin when I act this nice to everyone; he even said that I should've been in Hufflepuff. I'm not so sure, if the Sorting hat put me here than I trust that he put me in the right place.

Anyway, so we also have every class together and we even like the same subjects; we're doing an assignment together in Charms where we have to try to turn each other into Swans.

I think he's also gotten over Pansy pretty fast; he's telling me about this girl that he met in Potions. He doesn't know her name but she isn't in Slytherin; she happened to be wearing the Gryffindor uniform. Where I was sitting with Hermione I didn't quite get a good look at the girl; I'll have to ask tomorrow in Potions what her name is.

Right now I'm writing this as Harry is talking about what we're going to be learning today in the DA. So far we're learning a spell called the Patronus Charm; we're going to be learning this spell after Christmas break too because of how advanced it is. Apparently with every Patronus you make you also create an animal in your Patronus. It's really hard to do that but I really want to try; I heard that whatever animal it changes into is what your inner core is. And apparently if someone else has the exact same Patronus or if it's compatible with yours than that means you were meant to be. I'm not sure how much I believe that part but it does add to the story.

Anyway I should go, people are starting their Patronus.

Until next time,

4:10PM

Ebony.

"Ebony, aren't you going to try?" I looked up at Hermione before closing my journal and shoving it in my bag.

"Yeah, sorry I was just writing something" she nodded as I took out my wand and tried to practice the charm. I still managed to listen to everything Harry had said even though I was busy trying to write.

"Now all you have to do is think of a happy thought, the happiest you can think of. Let it take over you because the more powerful it is the better your Patronus will be" I tried thinking of a happy thought but none really felt right for me. It felt like none of them were happy enough for me to come up with a Patronus. I guess it is hard for me because most of my life I've been in an Orphanage and no one liked me there. The only happy memories that I have are from the last couple of months.

"Have you thought of anything yet?" I looked at Hermione an shook my head,

"No not yet, but I bet it'll come to me" she looked at me concerned and that's when it hit me. When I finally realized that I belonged somewhere, when I finally made friends who respected me and liked me for who I was. I felt my whole body turn warm as a smile grew on my face. I held my wand up and said the spell as I heard others doing the same; a white mist came out of my wand but it soon went away; it wasn't much but it was still a start.