Chapter 7- Blaise Zabini

Entry #46

Hogwarts School

Monday December 19th, 1998

6:45AM

Dear Diary,

Deciding to join the DA was one of the best decisions ever; I think people are beginning to realize that I'm not a bad person. I'm excited to go to Potions today because once again I'm paired with Hermione but she doesn't hate me this time.

Every time I go to one of the meetings I feel at home; everyone respected me and for once no one is looking at the uniform that I was wearing. I finally got Ron on my side and even the twins like me now.

Actually, the more that I talk about them; the more I'm realizing that I like more people in the Gryffindor house than in my own. But, Draco and Pansy are still my closest friends out of everyone. I just like having a lot of friends to go back and forth too.

I still haven't told Draco or Pansy about my new friends; and I'm beginning to think that I shouldn't only because of who they are. I don't think they (especially Draco) would like the thought of me hanging with the people that they hate; although I never really cared about the thought till now.

Maybe I'm just worried that I'll lose the friends that I made here; but then again if they're my real friends than they can tolerate me being friends with Harry, Hermione and Ron.

Speaking of Harry; I hear everyone talking about how he's the 'boy who lived' and I'm not quite sure what that means; I'll have to ask Draco and Pansy that later. Oh and recently, Umbridge tried firing our Divination teacher; I thought it was a load of dung and luckily Dumbledore put a stop to it. Though, he doesn't come out of his office anymore.

As I'm writing this Pansy just walked in the room; strange when I got back here the other day Pansy wasn't in bed.

I should go,

Talk to you soon.

6:50AM

Ebony

"Where were you?" I got up and closed my journal; sending it back in my chest with a flick of my wand. I took a good look at Pansy and saw that she was still in her uniform; only along with it she had a silver pendent on her right chest.

"What is that?" she looked down and lightly touched it with her thumb and index finger.

"This? Oh it's a long story" I quirked a brow at her; she never kept anything from me.

"Spill Pans; you know you can't keep anything from me" she began fidgeting with her fingers and looking around; almost scared that someone could hear us before grabbing my hand and dragging me to her bed as we both sat down.

"I joined the Inquisitorial Squad"

"...The what?" she sighed and shook her head at me,

"The Inquisitorial Squad; I don't know if you noticed this but Dumbledore hasn't really been leaving his office has he?" I shook my head and she turned; taking out a newspaper from under her pillow. In front showed Dumbledore and Umbridge; I read the title and almost gasped.

'DUMBLEDORE IS REQUIRED TO TAKE A BREAK AS HEADMASTER AT HOGWARTS AS DOLORAS UMBRIDGE TAKES OVER IN THE MEANTIME' I dropped the paper on my lap and looked at Pansy.