Chapter 6- The Cursed Necklace

EBONY'S POV

Silence; I closed my eyes and put my head back in my hands without looking at her. I knew this would be her reaction; I shouldn't have told her; she still would've liked me if I had just kept it to myself. I heard shuffling and I opened my eyes; looking up at her and seeing her looking at me in shock.

"I know, and I understand that you probably don't want to hang out with me-" she shook her head,

"No that's not what I was thinking at all, I just can't believe you're related to someone like him" I looked at her,

"What do you mean?" she laughed,

"Well you're the opposite of him Eb, I mean you're kind, funny, you don't care about blood status, you're just a completely different person" my heart warmed as she said this.

"Really?" she smiled and nodded,

"Of course, I can't help but think that you should've been in Hufflepuff" I smiled,

"My mother was in Hufflepuff" her eyes widened,

"Really?" I smiled and nodded,

"Yeah, her name was Jane Reed, she was a year younger than my...father" I scrunched up my nose at the thought of calling him that.

"Apparently I look exactly like her, except my skin tone, I take that after him" she nodded,

"Do you know what happened to-to your mother?" I frowned and looked away,

"See Hermione what a lot of people don't know is that my mother was never in love with my father, she was in love with another man. But, because he loved her and wanted her that much he put her under a spell, a trance that made her love him, made her forget about her family and friends. So they dated, got married and had me, but one day somehow the spell wore off and she remembered everything. She was going to go and look for her family, take me with her and leave my dad behind. Obviously he was upset and so he...he killed her" tears welt up and I quickly wiped them away, I don't know why I was crying so much; I don't even remember my mother. Hermione put a hand over her mouth and leaned over; taking me in her arms.

"He also killed my mom's entire family as well, just so that they wouldn't set off trying to find her and contacting the police. But after he killed my mother he left me in an alley and that's where McGonagall found me, and from then on I've been in an orphanage" I was shaking a bit, it felt so nice talking to someone about this; to be able to have someone to listen to me.

"I'm scared Hermione, he's trying to get to me" she pulled away,

"What do you mean?" I wrapped my arms around myself and looked around the room,

"He comes to me in my dreams, he talks to me. He tells me that he's going to find me and that he's going to take me away. I don't know what to do, Dumbledore knows so I guess that makes me feel a bit better but what if he finds a way in? what if he finds a way to get to me?" she shook her head,

"Dumbledore is the best wizard, no one has ever been able to get passed Dumbledore let alone defeat him; you'll be fine I promise" I nodded and smiled weakly at her, because deep down I had a feeling that something big was going to happen this year.

"Okay...I just have a really bad feeling about this year" she smiled and grabbed my hand,

"You sound exactly like Harry...speaking of which he's been having dreams about you-know-who this year as well. If you need to talk to someone about it I would talk to him. You don't need to tell him what you just told me but if you just tell him that you-know-who's been visiting you in your dreams I think he'll be able to talk to you about it" I nodded, that actually wasn't a bad idea.