Chapter 2-Silly Snape

Entry #27

135 Winsler Lane

Friday, August 30th, 1998

10:42AM

Dear Diary,

I'm leaving. After being here for the past 16 years of my life I'm finally getting out of this hellhole. The girls already know and seem happy that I'm leaving and for once I can agree with them.

I've never had this feeling before; the feeling of finally being able to be free; to get out of a place that you never belonged in; that felt more like a prison than it did a home.

The only person who's upset about me leaving is Sheera; she loves that I'm going but she's going to miss me. And I have to say I will miss her as well; but it's not enough to keep me here. I'll have to make sure to visit.

I've got my suitcase packed and ready to go; I don't have much so everything fit in one suitcase. I'll have to get a job somehow and start saving up some money for clothes.

Dumbledore says he's going to take me to a place called Diagon Alley to grab all my supplies for school. I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for all of this; I might just have to get a bunch of used one's from the school.

Whatever, I don't really care how I get everything as long as I get away from here for good.

Apparently at Hogwarts you get a dorm with two-three other girls that I get to stay with all year; hopefully I'll get along with everyone in my dorm.

And usually you aren't allowed to stay during the summer but Dumbledore pulled a couple of strings and let me stay! How cool is that?!

Anyway, I think I can hear Sheera coming upstairs; hopefully Dumbledore is here to take me away!

Goodbye for now,

11:00AM

Ebony.

"Ebony! Mr. Dumbledore is here for you!"

"Coming!" I grabbed my suitcase and ran out the door, down the stairs and stopped in front of where Dumbledore was standing. I saw the girls snickering at me; probably because I got adopted by an old man but they don't even know how jealous they'd be if they knew where he's taking me.

I do know that you can't tell any muggles that you're a witch...I'm still getting used to that term.

"Are you ready to go Ebony?" I smiled and nodded; quickly giving Sheera a hug good bye and walking out the door. I didn't see any cars at the parking lot and grew confused.

"Are we walking to Diagon Alley?" Dumbledore chuckled and held his arm out.

"We are going to apparate" I quirked a brow at him but grabbed onto his arm. Next thing I know I feel like I'm being squeezed and pulled like taffy. A sick feeling came and I almost felt like I was going to throw up.

Then it stopped.

I opened my eyes and looked around; seeing that now instead of standing on some concrete we were on brick. And there were a bunch of old buildings all around me.

There were people of all ages walking about; some had witch hats on while others didn't, the buildings were large, narrow and were on crooked angles.

I was amazed.

"Where do we start?" I asked, Dumbledore didn't say anything but he walked ahead as I followed; before long we ended up in front of a building that said Gringotts Bank in front of it.

"Dumbldore if we're going in there to get money I just want to let you know that I've never had a job so I don't have any money" he chuckled as he held the door open for me to walk inside. There was a long hallway and on both sides were a bunch of goblins? They were sitting at separate desks and seemed to be doing work that muggle banks do. The desks they were at were taller than me; I don't even know if Dumbledore could see over the table or not.

"Your parents left you money in your vault" my eyes widened when I heard that; I've had money this whole time?

We walked up to the goblin at the very end of the hall; he had on round glasses and light, thin blonde hair. When he looked up he smiled at Dumbledore who returned one.

"Good morning Dumbledore" the Goblin said,

"Good morning Warwick"

"How can I help you today?" Dumbledore dug in his pocket and took out a large copper key. He handed it over to Warwick who examined it.

"We would like to visit Mrs. Ebony's vault" Dumbledore gestured towards me and Warwick leaned over the table to look at me to which I smiled and waved.

He nodded once and got up from his chair; and had us follow him down a long hallway where old mine carts were laid. We got in the one at the very front as Warwick got in the front where a lever was as he began pushing it back and forth; making us move.

We got to an opening where I noticed a huge drop up ahead.

"Uh..." I pointed to the drop but all Dumbledore did was smile and held on to the edges of the cart. I followed suit.

Soon we made it to the drop and I let out a scream at how steep it was; we did turns and loop-de-loops until we came to a sudden stop in front of a copper door that had 234 on the front in cursive.

"Vault 234" we thanked him and got off; Warwick went up to the door and scratched it with his nail before putting the key in and opening my vault. Inside were mountains of gold and I let out a gasp.

"So where would you like to start?"

~~~

I walked out of Olivanders shop with my new wand; it was a 13", cherry, Thestral hair. The colour was black but it had golden red vines going up it; making it glow in my opinion.

Dumbledore just left; he got a call from Hogwarts and he couldn't stay to show me where I was staying tonight; but he said it was easy to find. A place called The Leaky Cauldren

I stopped at a corner where a brick building stood out; the Leaky Cauldren being spelt out on the side. I opened the doors; it creaked throughout the store as I walked inside and shut it. I saw a man who was washing the floors and walked up to him.

"Hello, I'm supposed to being staying the night; my name is Ebony" the man smiled and nodded; nodding me to follow him up the stairs that looked like they hadn't been swept in years. We were on the third floor and he gave me the keys as we stopped in front of room 318. I said thank you to him but he was already gone; weird. I put the keys in the lock and unlocked my door. Inside was a rickety old bed, an old dresser and a small bathroom that only had a toilet and shower.

I dropped all my stuff on my bed and that's when I noticed two new black suitcases that had my name on them. I lightly smiled, knowing that they were from Dumbledore and let the worry was away at the thought of how I was going to be able to fit everything in my one suitcase.

I dropped on the bed; and for a moment I thought I was going to break it with how much it squeaked.

I shut my eyes and smiled; knowing that I was going to be living at Hogwarts; a place for people like me.

I just hope there isn't anyone there that are like the people at the orphanage.