Chapter 12- Leaving Hogwarts

I dropped my quill and starred at the pages that I had just filled with the best memory that I had with my friends; my best recent one at least. I wanted to try and remember how happy we all were before everything turned dark. I sighed and looked outside my window, it was cloudy again today; lately it's been really gloomy. There hasn't been any flowers growing at all; no sign of spring. I missed when everything seemed so simple; I missed all the stuff that we took for granted.

I could tell that when Voldemort came back it was taking a toll on everyone; McGonagall always looked tired, none of the students looked like they had slept for days, weeks even. The only person who still seemed normal was Snape; but then again he was always miserable. I tried staying my bubbly self but even I knew my energy was being drained from me.

I heard my dorm door burst open as I spun around in my chair; furrowing my brows when I saw Hermione.

"Hermione? How did you get in-"

"No time to explain, Harry's back" my eyes widened as I grabbed my jacket and quickly followed Hermione out the door.

~~~

"Harry!" Harry turned around and immediately got tackled by both Hermione and I . Ron chuckled from behind him as he helped us up,

"Guys let him breathe first; you'll kill him before he even gets settled in" Harry didn't chuckle or even smile at what Ron had said which made me worry. I frowned and put a hand on his shoulder,

"What's wrong Harry? You seem...troubled" Harry looked at us with a frown on his face,

"When Dumbledore and I got the first Horcrux he told me something on the way back. When we got the Horcrux one of us had to drink terribly dirty water that had poison in it; Dumbledore drank it and later told me that it was his time to go anyway...I don't want to think about what he meant but it worried me. He left as soon as we got back and I haven't seen him since...I want to try and find him" the three of us shared a worried glance, just what had happened on his journey? Nonetheless we nodded and followed behind as Harry tried to find Dumbledore. We looked in his office, in the classrooms, the great hall, even the bathrooms. We had almost given up when I spotted someone on the astronomy tower; squinting my eyes I pointed up towards who I thought to be Dumbledore.

"Look!" everyone looked over and we began to run up the stairs, usually about half way I get tired and I have to take a break but the adrenaline didn't let me. We soon made it up the stairs and saw Dumbledore looking out at the scenery; leaning against the metal bar.

"Professor?" I asked, stepping out onto the tower. Dumbledore turned and gave me a smile.

"Hello Ebony" he looked behind and saw Ron, Hermione and Harry stepping out from the steps and stopping beside me.

"What brings you four up here? It's getting close to dinner time; shouldn't you be heading to the Great Hall?" I furrowed my brows when I caught a glimpse at his hand. He noticed and quickly hid it behind his roes before anyone else saw and gave me a wink.

"Sir we're worried about you; shouldn't you be in the great hall too?" Hermione asked, Dumbleore looked up at the sky and saw that clouds were forming; dark grey ones.

"Curious clouds are; never knowing when they'll show up or what they're here for" we all shared a look; but before we could say anything continued,

"You four should run along; don't want the food to be getting cold on you" Harry was about to protest when I stopped him with my arm. I took a step forward with my head tilted to the side,

"Sir...what's going on?" he gave me a smile but this time I could see sadness in them. That struck me, Dumbledore never seemed sad or upset. Something was wrong.