Chapter 5- Trusting Hermione

Entry #203

Monday October 31st, 1999

Slytherin Common Room

7:20AM

Dear Diary,

It's been about a month since I had that bad dream about my father; no one knows what happened except for McGonagall and Dumbledore. It's so hard not being able to tell anyone; especially Pansy. Once I told her that I wasn't allowed to tell her she gave me the cold shoulder for a couple of days. I can see why she's upset but I couldn't tell her anything; I've tried talking to Dumbledore about it but he really doesn't want me saying anything; because rumours can spread.

But, I know Pansy more than anyone; she wouldn't EVER spread anything about this. She would know not to say anything; she would know what would happen to me if everyone suddenly knew that the daughter of Voldemort went to Hogwarts. I would be forced to leave the school; so many parents wouldn't want their kids attending the same school that I'm in; so It's better to keep it a secret for Dumbledore's and I's sake.

Of course as you know I understand why I can't say anything but...to be honest I'm going mad because I can't talk to anyone how I'm feeling; I'm not the closest with McGonagall and Dumbledore seems to be busy all the time so I've been stuck in my own thoughts.

If only I was allowed to tell one person, that's all I need is one person who I know will listen to me.

But for now everything that I have to be hidden will be in this book too, I guess it is dangerous for me to be writing something like this in my diary but I put spells on this book so that NO ONE BUT ME can read it and open it.

Well, I should head down for breakfast, it's Halloween today so we don't have any classes. NICE!

Until next time,

7:35AM

Ebony

~~~

I walked out of the common room in a skirt, a white blouse, black shoes, my tie, a robe and some black shoes. Even though it's Halloween we still have to wear our uniform which sucks but it's not the end of the world. October is my favourite season because it's the time of year where the leaves change colour and the weather changes to sweater and coats rather than shorts and tanks.

I remember when I was at the orphanage and we would go trick-or-treating (a muggle tradition) and for once I had fun because I wouldn't ever take the same streets as the other girls; I would always be down one street over. And, I would always finish first so none of the girls could try and steal my candy.

I smiled at the thought; I kind of missed going out trick-or-treating. Here in the wizarding world we don't go out and get candy from strangers; we sit in the great hall as Dumbledore summons up hundreds of different types of candy; and I prefer their candy over the muggles. I remember trying to master the spell that Dumbledore uses to summon the candy and now all I have to do is snap my fingers and Chocolate frogs and sugared pineapples will be in my grasp.

I made it to the great hall; pressing my hands up against the wooden doors it opened; making a slight creaking sound. As I opened it I saw Halloween themed breakfast; ghost French toast, spooky spider eggs (scrambled eggs), splattered goo crepes...you get the message. The whole place was decorated as well; our tables had black and purple drapes, webs and spider accents were sewed throughout it. All the curtains covered the windows, making it dark and dreary inside. The ceiling had lit candles and floating pumpkins; and the floors were all foggy. I smiled and made my way over to the Slytherin table and sat next to Pansy and Draco who looked to be having an argument.