Chapter 1- Confessions

Entry #201

Friday September 1st, 1999

Hogwarts Express

10:45AM

Dear Diary,

I'm waiting for Pansy to finish up in the washrooms so I thought that I would take a second to write in my journal. We were rushing around this morning at her house; trying to shove everything outside so that we could leave on time so I couldn't write in my journal till now.

We're fifteen minutes early and Pansy couldn't wait to get on the train to take a piss so we had to stop at one of the public one's. I don't really know what to expect this year, with the war going on we aren't sure if we're going to even last a year before we'd have to go home.

Although it might be safer if we were at Hogwarts than at home; we have a lot more protection here than we would trying to hide in our basement.

Speaking of the war ever since summer came and Pansy and I were visiting Draco he's been acting...distant. Whenever we even speak about the war he freezes up and goes cold. He never wants to talk about it so we've just decided not to speak with him about it at all.

Pansy's scared, her whole family is on Voldemort's side and they're even becoming death eaters. Obviously because these are Pansy's parents she doesn't say anything against it but whenever we're alone she gets upset and tells me how much she doesn't want to be on his side. I don't blame her, if I had parents who supported Voldemort I wouldn't be on board with it either.

Oh and I had another dream last night, this time I was watching the women fighting with a man with black hair and brown eyes; there was a little girl watching in the side line when suddenly the man took out his wand and stunned the women; leaving her on the floor. I don't know if she survived or not; if this was a different angle of me seeing her death or if this was just one of the many arguments that they had before her death.

I just wish I knew-

Oh! Pansy's back, I should go.

Until next time.

10:50AM

Ebony.

"What are you doing Eb?" I looked up from my bag and saw Pansy eying my journal that I had just shoved in my backpack. I smiled as I shut the zipper and threw my bag over my shoulder.

"Just my journal, I write everything in it" she quirked a brow,

"Why?"

"So that when I'm older I can read back on it, it also relaxes me and takes my mind off of things" she shrugs and nodded her head at me. We grabbed our luggage and jogged to the platforms nine and ten; looked both ways and ran threw the brick. On the other side we saw students rushing to the train, some saying goodbye to their parents, others trying to get away from their parents.

But, I noticed that there weren't as many students this year, it was still ten-to which meant that more than half of the students weren't even here left and right now there weren't even a couple hand full of kids here. Pansy and I shared a look before giving one of the guys our bags and walking into the train.

It felt a bit eerie inside because most of the students were still talking to their parents so there weren't many kids inside the train yet. Most of the compartments were empty so we got a wide selection on which compartment to choose one.