Chapter 6-Gaining Respect

Entry #45

Hogwarts School

Sunday September 18th 1998

2:30PM

Dear Diary,

Today is the day that I meet up in the Room of Requirement for the DA. I'm super excited; I'll finally be able to interact with people outside of my house. Plus, I get to learn new spells and such which is a bonus. Hermione and Harry are on board with it but I can tell that Ron isn't; I can tell that he's the type of person to judge too quickly but everyone has a flaw right? I'm hoping that people don't get upset at me being in the DA because of the house that I'm in; but I guess if they do than they aren't the type of people that I want to hang out with anyway.

I'm been trying to come up with some ideas on how to tell Draco and Pansy where I'm going without telling them where I'm going. I guess that sounded kind of weird.

I need to come up with an excuse so that they don't get suspicious; that sounded better. I had been thinking about it all week but when I woke up this morning they were both gone (I asked Crabbe and Goyle and they had no idea where Draco was) so this was easier than I thought. It's already after 2:30PM and they still aren't back; hopefully they're out till I'm gone.

Speaking of which I should probably go; I'm supposed to meet everyone down the abandoned hallway at 2:50 and I don't want to be late.

Talk to you soon,

2:40PM

Ebony.

I ran down the hallway and towards the abandoned hallway; I was told to pass the library; make two rights and it should be the hallway where no paintings are hung up.

I found the hallway and still had a couple of minutes to spare; I thought about what the Room of Requirement would look like. What stuff they had inside to teach us magic.

There was movement happening behind me so I glanced over my shoulder before completely turning around as I watched a large door appear in front of me; it was all back with silver accents. There was a knob on the left hand side of the door rather than the right and I grabbed it; turning it slightly as it opened. Inside I saw a whole bunch of people from different houses; in the mist of them I saw Harry, Hermione, and Ron talking to the twins.

"Hey guys!" as I walked over to them the chattering stopped and everyone looked over at me; or rather the uniform that I was wearing.

"Ebony! Glad you could make it" Hermione gave me a short hug as Harry turned me to the rest of the group.

"Everyone we have a new member starting today" I smiled and waved but no one returned it; they almost seemed upset.

"A Slytherin?! You let a Slytherin know about what we're doing?"

"Can we even trust her?"

"Yeah Harry what if she's just sneeking around for Umbridge?" my eye twitched as everyone made accusations about me.

"Excuse me, let me just address something to you; I've known about these DA meetings for over a week so if I was sneaking around for Umbridge your asses would've already gotten caught. Second of all, you guys are all judging me because of WHAT HOUSE I'M IN!, literally what's on my clothes right now bugs you; but I bet if I walked in here in my casual wear most of you wouldn't of even known that I was a Slytherin. In fact, you guys probably wouldn't be complaining about me being in the DA; you would've probably been welcoming me into the group. Holy crap you know so far with how long I've been here I haven't heard one comment about another house fly out of a Slytherin's mouth. So can we just shut up with all these Slytherin comments? I'm a fucking person too you know! I'm here rather you like it or not." That left the room silent as I turned to Harry and smiled.