.3.

::Over My Head::

11th August 2014~Monday~

"Natalie! Natalie!" I heard someone screaming.

Grumbling and moaning I covered my ears with my pillow. Somebody yanked my pillows and blanket away from me. I started to whine.

"Give me Cloudy and Furry."

Yes I have named my pillow and blanket and yes I know that it is very kiddish and lame but I don't care.

"Stop whining young lady. You have school. Now get up." my mum shouted at me. Well no surprise there and she also spanked me.

"Ow!" and I got up. "Really mum?" I asked her rubbing the sleep from my eyes and searching for my glasses on the bed side table.

"Yes really. Now go take a wash before you get another shot from me." she threatened.

"Okay, Okay." I wore my glasses and I soon scampered off to the bathroom.

Jeez. I have a violent mother. Maybe that's where I get my violent streak from. Hmmm.

So I soon took a wash and did all my morning necessities and wore my school uniform, a white blouse, a dark red blazer, tie and miniskirt and black belt and tights. I wore my DIY ombre red sneakers and tied my hair up in a ponytail.

Knowing that I missed the school van I decided to use my skateboard, something I do everytime I get late. I grabbed my black helmet and my bag pack and ran to the kitchen. I grabbed a granola bar and a vanilla milk and screaming goodbye I ran outside. I put on my helmet and inhaled the granola bar then took my skateboard and practically flew with it to school.

The big school clock was reading 8:15 and I ran inside. Not seeing where I was going I banged onto somebody and we both fell down. My skateboard cushioned my fall but it didn't do much. When I got up I saw that it was Principal De Silva! Holy Macaroni! I was in so much trouble.

'Oh God help me up dear,'

She called me 'dear'. I blew a sigh of relief and helped her up. She dusted off imaginary dust and turned to me.

'Thank you. Now would you mind telling me where were you going to in such a hurry that you would even kick people in the air?'

Did I also mention the fact that our Principal has a dry sense of humor.

'No...Um...miss...I mean Madam...I was late for class so...'

She cut me off and said,

'I made an announcement in the morning for all students to go to the auditorium since a special guest is arriving and also you do know that it is the first day,'

Just then the lady who gives tea to everybody, mary, arrived. She gave a mug of steaming Nescafe to Principal De Silva, everybody knows that she hates tea and anything to do with tea (I don't know why). She took it and a sipped a little. She has this weird thing that she has to have at least a sip of her Nescafe before any special event, meaning this guest must be a very special person.

'Can you please keep this in my office dear,'

Why couldn't she have asked Mary to do so. Hmph.

She gave me the mug and left to the auditorium. I stood there for a little while remembering my first interaction with Alvin. When the heat of the Nescafe finally penetrated through the ceramic red mug and burnt my palms I snapped out of my reverie. Turning around to go to the office I banged onto someone, spilling the Nescafe in the mug onto that person's t-shirt.