.29.

Over Leaving

~20th December 2014~ Saturday~ 15 days later~

'After all this time?' Harry asks.

'Always.' Hermoine and Ron reply.

The curtains fell signalling the end of the play. I clapped along with the rest of the audience.

'That was the senior drama students taking us on a wonderful journey to the wizarding world. May we remember that place always.' Pierre announced.

Yes I wasnt on stage acting as Luna Lovegood because I pulled myself out. All because of that kiwi. I couldnt face him after what happened two weeks ago. I barely spoke to him and managed to avoid him at all my lessons but drama club was the one place where I couldnt avoid him unless I volunteer to get out. It was hard because they were doing a play regarding Harry Potter and the wizarding world. A world that I love. But I couldnt face him at all. It did sting a lot not only because it was Harry Potter but also because I liked him which meant I missed him. A lot more than I actually thought I would. And what was worse. Alvin was Draco freaking Malfoy. One of my all time favourite characters of that series not to mention he is my top ten fictional crushes. Fate really does love me a lot. Note the sarcasm dripping in buckets here.

'Hey Nat.' Ecaria waved her hands in front of me.

'Huh yeah.'

'How come you werent there in the drama?' Donut asked.

'Yeah how come? I was expecting you to be Looney err...I mean Luna Lovegood.' Oreo said.

I smiled at Orla's slip up.

'I didnt get the part.' I lied.

They knew there was some friction between me and Alvin but they didnt know that it was very very bad.

'yeah right you didnt.' Orla snorted.

'No honestly I didnt.'

They dropped the topic. Thank God. We went to the gym, where the art exhibition was being held. It was beautiful. The art. The pictures. Drawings, sketches and paintings. But there was one that really caught my eye.

It was a picture of a grey eye staring through a hole in the cracked glass. The way the eyebrows and the lids were drawn were strangely masculine. I remembered Alvin. His grey eyes which turned from mysterious to stormy. From light to dark. From the first time when I saw it how I thought that it was mysterious and reminded me about the mist in the mountains and to the last time I saw it when it was stormy and dark, almost cruel like.

I wonder who painted it but before I could see that someone nudged me.

'Lost in dream world huh?'

I shook my head stammering,
'Uh....no.'

'Come one Nutella we know there is something going on between the two of you but-' Ecaria said softly but Orla interrupted her.

'-but can you please kiss him, tell him you like him and make up already.'

I stared, wide eyed, at Orla.

'Whats...whats wrong with you?' I spluttered.

'What? I was just suggesting.' she looked unfazed by what she just said.

'Uh... Nat no offense or anything but I agree with Oreo on this one.'

I gave Donut an incredulous look.

'Besides he is leaving right?'

My heart dropped the second Ecaria told me that.

'He...he...he is leaving?'

'Yeah he is going back home today. He told us the day before yesterday remember.'

The day before...? I racked my brains trying to remember but I couldnt. I must have been thinking about other stuff or I wasnt around when he told that. And he had used the word 'home'. As in he called New Zealand 'home'.

Of course idiot and a half he would call it home. What else did you think it meant to him?

I thought he would stay here forever.

How selfish of you to think that.

I know but I thought you know... he would stay.

After everything that happened you thought he would stay especially when his family was actually there?

......Yes.

'Natalie?'

'Yeah.'

'Do you know why he is returning back to NZ and said that he isnt sure of coming back?' Orla asked.

Why? Why? And then it hit me like a sack of potatoes. Halley. Alvin's sister Halley must be in trouble. Oh God. He must be a wreck right now. I must see him. One last time before he leaves. I need to help him however I can. I need to know that we are on good terms.

Do you want to help him or do you want to make sure you guys are buddies again just to use him?

SHUT UP BRAIN!

'Can you guys take me to his place?' I asked.

'Sure my driver's here nah.' Orla said.

As we left the gym and ran to the parking lot Ecaria said to me,

'Do you think he will still be here?'

'What do you mean?' I asked sharply.

'He might have left for thr airport already. He said he is leaving as soon as the drama is over.'

I sucked in a sharp breath.

'Lets just hope he hasnt.' I said as we got into the vehicle.

The car pulled up at his house. I jumped out of it and ran to the front door. Ringing the bell, I banged at the front door shouting,

'Open up Alvin! Its me Natalie!'

'Alvin come on!'

'Waffles please.'

But after a while I knew. I knew that they had already left to the airport. I sat on the steps near the front door, brought my knees upto my chin and hugged them. My friends came and sat next to me and put their arms around me.

'Hey um...its not like he is gone forever right,' Orla began, 'you can still email, text and call him right?'

'But it wont be the same.' I whispered.

'You like him dont you?' Ecaria asked.

'So darn much.'

'Then why didnt you tell him before?' she asked me.

'I was afraid.'

'Afraid of what exactly?' Orla inquired.

'Of him not liking me.'

We stayed silent for a while before Ecaria said its best if we leave now. Sighing I looked back at the house before leaving.

I didnt even get to say goodbye.

~Fate, Love & Nescafè~

*hides behind a pillow fort guarded by gummy bears this time armed with M 'n' Ms*

Now before you all raise your pitch forks and cigaratte (is that how you spell it?) guards let me tell you that this story isnt all about a couple getting together alright. Now that thats clear can you be a dear (woohoo that rhymed!!!!!) and
Vote
Comment
Share
Add it to your reading lists

And am not saying anything more until my next chappie.

Take care sour saps
Till next time
=)Sammy

Edited : 24.06.16

n