x*

b r o n t i d e

«the low rumble of distant thunder»

"From a little spark may burst a flame"
~Anonymous

·~·

I just finished reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Man was that an intense book. Once I set it back onto its place in the shelf I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and something to munch on. Reading always got me hungry. Actually doing even nothing at all gets me hungry.

Taking a plate of nutella and cream crackers and a glass of water I made way back to my room. That was when I heard the whimpering. Setting the food on the coffee table at the hall I went to find out what that noise was. I saw a figure seated at the end of the steps, head hung low.

'Nathan.' I bent down and patted his head.

He looked up at me and started to sob.

'I am crazy. Stupid. Pointless. Worthless. A dissapointment to everyone.'

'No your not gummybear.'

'No I am not.' he said quietly as he shook his head.

'No No No,' I put my fingers under his chin and tilted his head up, 'Nathan you are an amazing, caring, awesome and cool brother, friend and son. You are no dissappointment to anyone and the best part is that you are my gummbear remember.'

Suddenly I felt something cold slide across my bare arm. Hissing, I drew back. Nathan laughed maniacally. I stared, shocked, at the knife in Nathan's hands, holding my bleeding arm. A couple of seconds later the lights were switched on and my parents appeared at the top of the stairs.

'Nathan what are you doing?!' Mama shrieked.

He clapped his hands gleefully and said,

'Now you are spilling. You are spilt Nescafè. Get it, your Nescafè and now your bleeding. So spilt Nescafè and we are having this conversation over spilt Nescafè.'

He laughed. I was frozen.

Over spilt Nescafè.

My mother took the knife slowly from Nathan and took him to the sofa, he was still laughing, while dada was calling his doctor. Nathan was laughing and singing 'over spilt nescafè' over and over again. It wasnt until mama shook that I got out of my reverie.

'Natalie. Since it isnt a very deep cut wash it and apply betadine. Ill clean up the mess.'

'Uh...yeah okay ma.'

I walked to the washroom in a hazy state. I couldnt believe it. He was never known to hurt anybody with his condition. He...he is my gummybear. My protector. But he harmed me. As I washed off the blood I thought I had always counted on him to protect me from anything and everything but I never thought that I'd need someone to protect me from my gummybear.

Wincing, I put some betadine on my arm using cotton. It wasnt a huge cut nor was it too deep but I had lost a bit more blood than usual. I disposed of the cotton, washed my face and made my way to the hall.

My parents were dressed and they were taking a laughing Nathan out.

'Where are you going?'

'To the doctor.' Dada replied.

'Why? This is obviously uh...due to his condition.'

'His episodes are more frequent and getting worse Natalie we need to go.' mama said.

I nodded. That was true.

'Anyways. Take care okay. Call us if anything happens.' dada said and they left taking my gummybear along with them.

Sighing I sat on the sofa. My crackers with nutella on them remaining untouched where I left them earlier. It was almost midnight.

'So spilt Nescafè and we are having this.conversation over spilt Nescafè.'

Over Spilt Nescafè

It kept on repeating on the inside of my head.

Over Spilt Nescafè

I was bleeding

Over Spilt Nescafè

We were talking

Over Spilt Nescafè

He was laughing

Over Spilt Nescafè

I was frozen

For me everything happened over spilt Nescafè but this time it wasnt brown liquid in a red cup. This time it was red liquid in a brown body.

Over Spilt Nescafè

~Fate, Love & Nescafè~

Hey guys!!!!

How was that twist to the title of the story?!?! I had planned this for ages (never even told fary and she knows almost the whole story) cuz I wanted her to be surprised (shocked even) and her expression was so worth it. I wish I could see you guys' expression so comment away on how do you think this was and also what your expression was. Also two more memory chappies before we get back to the present. Are you guys dying to know what happens?? (or maybe not) or maybe you guys might be missing Alvin. Am not. He is eating my head as I am typing this out. Apparently some idiot and three quarters (ahem ahem @tealmemories) promised him an iphone and he is boasting about it plus moaning and groaning about how am such an unfair person. That certain idiot and three quarters is going to get it from me soon. Anyways

Vote
Comment
Share
Add it to your reading lists

Take care hazelnuts
Till next time
=)Sammy

Edited : 24.06.16

{\|