Chapter Twenty Three

Cecelia was pacing, rapidly walking back and forth on the soft carpet of her bedroom floor. She was nervous, very nervous.

She wanted to meet Jamie more than anything in the world, she did, but she couldn't help having reservations. Meeting in person would completely shift their dynamic. Who knows if they'd click the same way in person? What if he got bored of her soon after the element of mystery was taken away? What if, what if, what if. Those two, monosyllabic, excruciating words had moved into her brain and planted roots, not planning on leaving anytime soon. She kept thinking about the what ifs, the possibilities.

Cecelia decided there was only one logical thing to do, weed out the roots of 'what if' planted in her brain. And there was only one way to really do that.

She picked up her phone, opening her chat with Jamie. For a few seconds, her thumbs floated over the keyboard, doubt preventing her from pressing down on the letters she wanted to press. Biting the bullet, she quickly typed the message, sending it before she could regret it.

Let's do it.

Jamie's reply was instant.

What?

Cecelia took a deep breath, smiling and shaking her head. For a moment, she contemplated giving a sarcastic reply, but she refrained. Instead she sent the words she set out to send in the first place. The words that would cause Jamie's heart to race and his lips to lift in a large grin.

Let's meet.